Jun 14, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
After two straight double-digit scoring seasons at UCF, the future of Marcus Jordan’s career with the Knights is now important for reasons other than the fact that he is the son of NBA legend Michael Jordan.
According to David Baumann of News 13 Orlando, Jordan is not yet enrolled in summer classes, but UCF director of communications says that he expects Jordan to be ready in the fall. Summer classes are not mandatory.
But a conflicting report surfaced from the Orlando Sentinel, saying that Jordan was indeed in summer school, according to head coach Donnie Jones.
This all came about because of a report on the sports gossip website TerezOwens.com, which cited a third-hand source in saying that Jordan would not be playing for the Knights in 2012-13, with the possibility that he would instead pursue business interests away from UCF. If he were to return to play for the Knights, the report goes on to say, it would be as a walk-on and not on scholarship.
UCF is reportedly continuing to recruit perimeter players, and has three prospects signed from the Class of 2012, including shooting guard Matt Williams, an Orlando native.
If Jordan does not return, the Knights will be losing his 13.7 points and 2.7 rebounds per game in the backcourt.
But, if he does come back, he will be paired again with the team’s leading scorer from last season, forward Keith Clanton, on a 2012-13 team that looks to improve on a 22-11 season and NIT berth this past year.
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 1
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1