Jun 14, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
It has been a marvelous week, has it not? It’s already Thursday, yet still feels like a Tuesday. The weekend is just 24 hours away. But better yet, The Morning Mix is back and better than ever. Your meaningless June morning has just been infused with the instant pulse of the CBball world.
- The Sun Dome at Southern Florida is getting a $35-million “facelift” and will reopen for the 2012-2013 Bulls home opener against in State rivals Central Florida
- I didn’t get a chance to watch “The Dream Team” documentary last night, but luckily it’s sitting in my TiVo queue. I always wished ESPN had made a “30 for 30″ about the ’92 Barcelona squad. Anyways, everybody who watched it thought it was great. No, not the Dream Team. The documentary. But yeah, those guys weren’t bad either
- And to think, we all thought the NCAA couldn’t get anything right
- The Washington, D.C. metro area has produced a plethora of talented roundballers. But is Kevin Durant the best of the bunch?
- The writing from the people at Bruins Nation is terrific. There latest piece is particularly fantastic. Ben Howland needs help. The teaching of John Wooden might help
- Mike DeCourcy reports that Judy MacLeod is set to become just the third women to serve on the NCAA tournament selection committee
- Former-Nebraska head coach Doc Sadler has joined the staff at Kansas as the new director of basketball operations
- Louisville guard Peyton Siva got some timely advice during the season from a former-diminutive Cardinal guard
- As we mentioned earlier in the week, Providence-transfer Gerard Coleman announced his decision to attend Gonzaga. The Slipper Still Fits previews the potential impact Coleman could provide
- The trial in the rape case against Oklahoma State’s Darrell Williams has been postponed. Two women accused the former-Cowboy of sexually assaulted them at a party back in 2010
- Villanova forward can’t make up his mind whether he wants to transfer or not. The latest update has him wanting to stay
- The Arizona Wildcats are one of the many teams that hope to benefit from the new NCAA rule regarding summer workouts
- The CAA is eying a television deal, and will raise their exit fee to $1-million
- According to Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim, guard Scoop Jardine is “more ready for the NBA than any guard I’ve had“.
- I get why underclassmen are more highly touted to draft scouts than older players, but it stinks that guys like Draymond Green don’t get enough love by NBA people
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him