Jun 15, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
The first week of “the new & improved” Morning Mix is complete. Aren’t you glad that it’s back? I know I am. There’s not another place on the internet that will provide transfer updates and coaching changes in such entertaining fashion. Yeah, I said that.
- Nerlens Noel, the flat-topped heir apparent to the #BBN throne at Kentucky, had a cameo in music video. The song, “Skyline” by some dude named Moufy, features the shot-blocking sensation throwing an assist during a pick-up game. The song is actually pretty good, Nerlens Noel or not.
- If you are currently in the market for a luxurious new estate to call home, how about Rick Pitino’s $2.2-million home in the Mockingbird Gardens community outside of Louisville?
- Our very own Raphielle Johnson breaks down the top ten power forwards in the upcoming NBA Draft.
- The Crosstown Shootout is changing. It sucks and I don’t like it. I didn’t like Skyline Chili that much either
- The North Carolina Tar Heels lost a lot of size to the NBA draft. But with a crop of young guards on their way in to Chapel Hill, Roy Williams looks to rely on a backcourt-heavy offense
- Mike DeCourcy is high on Oklahoma State guard Marcus Smart
- The incoming class of new Big-XII coaches is kinda loaded. LAst year the ACC saw the most high-profile coaching changes, but the ever-changing mid-southern-eastern-north-western power conference has a bevy of new sideline generals
- Providence has lost a couple of players to transferring, but has picked up a few in return. The most recent addition to Ed Cooley’s arsenal is North Caronlina State forward Tyler Harris
- Speaking of Roy Williams, he commented on the UNC academic scandal by saying “It’s not a basketball problem”
- More on the interesting development on a company that’s been hired to monitor the social media accounts of college athletes
- I’m rooting for a bunch of guys in the upcoming NBA Draft. Iowa State’s Royce White is one of those guys
- Today marks a new day for the recruiting process. Starting today, Coaches will be able to use modern media to contact recruits in a way they were never allowed to. Rutgers coach Mike Rice is one of the coaches who is excited about the change
- Am I the only one who is kinda over the whole recruitment process of the Harrison twins? I can’t tell you how happy I am that they’ve decided to get this thing over with
- Highly touted Virginia Tech-transfer Dorian Finney-Smith has decided to attend Florida. (I just met my hyphen-quota for the week in one sentence)
- Don’t look now, but Larry Brown has reeled in another transfer at SMU. Everybody questioned Brown’s ability to recruit. Looks like there isn’t an issue with transfers
- Michigan-transfer (and All-Name Teamer) Carlton Brundidge has decided to transfer to Detroit
- In case you missed it, the CAA has decided to increase their exit fee to $million in the wake of Atlantic-10/C-USA defections. But the JMU Blog wants to know “What’s the deal”?
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)