Jun 15, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
The first week of “the new & improved” Morning Mix is complete. Aren’t you glad that it’s back? I know I am. There’s not another place on the internet that will provide transfer updates and coaching changes in such entertaining fashion. Yeah, I said that.
- Nerlens Noel, the flat-topped heir apparent to the #BBN throne at Kentucky, had a cameo in music video. The song, “Skyline” by some dude named Moufy, features the shot-blocking sensation throwing an assist during a pick-up game. The song is actually pretty good, Nerlens Noel or not.
- If you are currently in the market for a luxurious new estate to call home, how about Rick Pitino’s $2.2-million home in the Mockingbird Gardens community outside of Louisville?
- Our very own Raphielle Johnson breaks down the top ten power forwards in the upcoming NBA Draft.
- The Crosstown Shootout is changing. It sucks and I don’t like it. I didn’t like Skyline Chili that much either
- The North Carolina Tar Heels lost a lot of size to the NBA draft. But with a crop of young guards on their way in to Chapel Hill, Roy Williams looks to rely on a backcourt-heavy offense
- Mike DeCourcy is high on Oklahoma State guard Marcus Smart
- The incoming class of new Big-XII coaches is kinda loaded. LAst year the ACC saw the most high-profile coaching changes, but the ever-changing mid-southern-eastern-north-western power conference has a bevy of new sideline generals
- Providence has lost a couple of players to transferring, but has picked up a few in return. The most recent addition to Ed Cooley’s arsenal is North Caronlina State forward Tyler Harris
- Speaking of Roy Williams, he commented on the UNC academic scandal by saying “It’s not a basketball problem”
- More on the interesting development on a company that’s been hired to monitor the social media accounts of college athletes
- I’m rooting for a bunch of guys in the upcoming NBA Draft. Iowa State’s Royce White is one of those guys
- Today marks a new day for the recruiting process. Starting today, Coaches will be able to use modern media to contact recruits in a way they were never allowed to. Rutgers coach Mike Rice is one of the coaches who is excited about the change
- Am I the only one who is kinda over the whole recruitment process of the Harrison twins? I can’t tell you how happy I am that they’ve decided to get this thing over with
- Highly touted Virginia Tech-transfer Dorian Finney-Smith has decided to attend Florida. (I just met my hyphen-quota for the week in one sentence)
- Don’t look now, but Larry Brown has reeled in another transfer at SMU. Everybody questioned Brown’s ability to recruit. Looks like there isn’t an issue with transfers
- Michigan-transfer (and All-Name Teamer) Carlton Brundidge has decided to transfer to Detroit
- In case you missed it, the CAA has decided to increase their exit fee to $million in the wake of Atlantic-10/C-USA defections. But the JMU Blog wants to know “What’s the deal”?
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)