Jun 20, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Who can forget the “Maryland Pride” jerseys worn by the Terrapin football team?
They were … well … something to behold.
Well, it appears as if the Maryland athletic department is planning on releasing a similar uniform for the Terps’ hoops program. Mark Turgeon confirmed as much earlier this week, and now — thanks to our friends over at Testudo Times — we have an “artist’s rendering” of what these jerseys look could end up looking like:
According to a release from Maryland, “the designs being circulated today on the internet are only draft renderings”, but if I were going to advise Maryland, I’d say go for it.
With the exception of the red jersey, I like these. I like the multi-colored socks. I like that the Maryland flag is incorporated in a noticeable-but-subtle way on the shoulders. I like the designs down the side. I like it all.
Now only is Under Armour could design a shoe that wasn’t hideous …
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (77)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)