Jun 20, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
Who can forget the “Maryland Pride” jerseys worn by the Terrapin football team?
They were … well … something to behold.
Well, it appears as if the Maryland athletic department is planning on releasing a similar uniform for the Terps’ hoops program. Mark Turgeon confirmed as much earlier this week, and now — thanks to our friends over at Testudo Times — we have an “artist’s rendering” of what these jerseys look could end up looking like:
According to a release from Maryland, “the designs being circulated today on the internet are only draft renderings”, but if I were going to advise Maryland, I’d say go for it.
With the exception of the red jersey, I like these. I like the multi-colored socks. I like that the Maryland flag is incorporated in a noticeable-but-subtle way on the shoulders. I like the designs down the side. I like it all.
Now only is Under Armour could design a shoe that wasn’t hideous …
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)