Jun 20, 2012, 6:03 PM EDT
They must be putting something in the water in Evansville, IN, as news has come out that another Purple Ace has been injured this summer.
Jordan Jahr, a 6-foot-6 wing from Austin, TX, fractured a bone in his right foot for the second time in six months. He originally broke the foot in practice back in December. This time, he injured the foot while running back in May. Originally thinking the injury was just a sprain, he spent two weeks fighting through the pain before getting an x-ray and realizing the bone was fractured again.
“Luckily I had a screw put in there when I had surgery the first time, and only a little part of it was broken off,” Jahr told the Courier-Press. “It’s frustrating being out here with everybody and not shooting. … The only thing right now I’m having trouble with is planting on that foot — going side to side,” Jahr said. “Everything vertical is fine, so really I’ll just be easing back into it and trying to make sure it doesn’t happen again.”
This news comes on the heels of two Evansville players being injured when they flipped over an ATV.
Jahr averaged 5.8 points and 2.6 boards in the first eight games of last season, but the broken bone kept him out for the rest of the year. He was granted a medical redshirt and will be allowed to repeat his junior season.
(Image via the AP)
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 1
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 3
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights