Jun 20, 2012, 6:03 PM EST
They must be putting something in the water in Evansville, IN, as news has come out that another Purple Ace has been injured this summer.
Jordan Jahr, a 6-foot-6 wing from Austin, TX, fractured a bone in his right foot for the second time in six months. He originally broke the foot in practice back in December. This time, he injured the foot while running back in May. Originally thinking the injury was just a sprain, he spent two weeks fighting through the pain before getting an x-ray and realizing the bone was fractured again.
“Luckily I had a screw put in there when I had surgery the first time, and only a little part of it was broken off,” Jahr told the Courier-Press. “It’s frustrating being out here with everybody and not shooting. … The only thing right now I’m having trouble with is planting on that foot — going side to side,” Jahr said. “Everything vertical is fine, so really I’ll just be easing back into it and trying to make sure it doesn’t happen again.”
This news comes on the heels of two Evansville players being injured when they flipped over an ATV.
Jahr averaged 5.8 points and 2.6 boards in the first eight games of last season, but the broken bone kept him out for the rest of the year. He was granted a medical redshirt and will be allowed to repeat his junior season.
(Image via the AP)
- Memphis loss shouldn’t feed narrative about Josh Pastner, big games 0
- Casey Prather’s star turn a boon for Florida 0
- South Florida holds on as Florida Gulf Coast’s buzzer-beater in double overtime doesn’t count (VIDEO) 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings: Shabazz tops the list again 1
- College Hoops Week in Review: Hello Princeton, and some Brandon Ashley love 1
- Report: Former North Carolina guard Will Graves arrested on drug charges at home owned by head coach Roy Williams (20)
- Kentucky is a flawed team, but does that mean they can’t contend? (12)
- Weekend Preview: Iowa-Iowa State highlights a rivalry-heavy weekend slate (5)
- Difference between Kentucky, ’12 title team: role players? (5)
- Why is Kentucky’s attendance going down? UK writer says Rupp is ‘stale’ (4)