Jun 21, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
Kansas men’s basketball coach Bill Self will be among the celebrities taking part in the 2012 Taco Bell All-Star Legends & Celebrities Softball Game, which will take place during MLB All-Star Weekend July 8 in Kansas City.
Self’s Jayhawks finished as the national runners-up this past season, losing to Kentucky in the title game, but not before posting an overall record of 32-7.
No one is sure if Self has the same level of skill on the diamond as he has coaching on the hardwood, but he’ll be alongside a number of athletes, among them Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassell, MLB Hall of Famer George Brett, UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon “Bones” Jones, US Men’s National Soccer Team member Carlos Bocanegra, and US women’s softball pitcher Jennie Finch.
Among the non-athletes are comedian and former Saturday Night Live cast member Horatio Sanz, “Mad Men” star Jon Hamm, and “American Idol” winner David Cook.
Maybe Self could recruit some of his former players to play, if he gets the chance. I’d be pretty comfortable with big Thomas Robinson batting clean-up.
- Report: Devonta Pollard no longer enrolled at Alabama 0
- Communication plays vital role in development of Marquette’s Vander Blue 0
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming