Jun 21, 2012, 6:04 PM EST
Devastating news to report out of Morgantown, WV: the most famous beard in college basketball is no more.
West Virginia center Deniz Kilicli spent the majority of last season looking like the Mountaineer’s mascot, but unfortunately that beard is no more. On Thursday morning, Kilicli posted a picture on twitter of himself with a shaved face:
To be fair, Kilicli said that the reason he shaved was because is was too hot to have a beard. That’s fair. He also said that he’ll have the beard back by the time the season starts. We can only hope.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)