Jun 21, 2012, 6:04 PM EDT
Devastating news to report out of Morgantown, WV: the most famous beard in college basketball is no more.
West Virginia center Deniz Kilicli spent the majority of last season looking like the Mountaineer’s mascot, but unfortunately that beard is no more. On Thursday morning, Kilicli posted a picture on twitter of himself with a shaved face:
To be fair, Kilicli said that the reason he shaved was because is was too hot to have a beard. That’s fair. He also said that he’ll have the beard back by the time the season starts. We can only hope.
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)