Jun 21, 2012, 6:04 PM EDT
Devastating news to report out of Morgantown, WV: the most famous beard in college basketball is no more.
West Virginia center Deniz Kilicli spent the majority of last season looking like the Mountaineer’s mascot, but unfortunately that beard is no more. On Thursday morning, Kilicli posted a picture on twitter of himself with a shaved face:
To be fair, Kilicli said that the reason he shaved was because is was too hot to have a beard. That’s fair. He also said that he’ll have the beard back by the time the season starts. We can only hope.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)