Jun 21, 2012, 6:04 PM EST
Devastating news to report out of Morgantown, WV: the most famous beard in college basketball is no more.
West Virginia center Deniz Kilicli spent the majority of last season looking like the Mountaineer’s mascot, but unfortunately that beard is no more. On Thursday morning, Kilicli posted a picture on twitter of himself with a shaved face:
To be fair, Kilicli said that the reason he shaved was because is was too hot to have a beard. That’s fair. He also said that he’ll have the beard back by the time the season starts. We can only hope.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)