Jun 21, 2012, 6:04 PM EDT
Devastating news to report out of Morgantown, WV: the most famous beard in college basketball is no more.
West Virginia center Deniz Kilicli spent the majority of last season looking like the Mountaineer’s mascot, but unfortunately that beard is no more. On Thursday morning, Kilicli posted a picture on twitter of himself with a shaved face:
To be fair, Kilicli said that the reason he shaved was because is was too hot to have a beard. That’s fair. He also said that he’ll have the beard back by the time the season starts. We can only hope.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 5
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)