Jun 23, 2012, 9:43 AM EDT
After four years at West Virginia, Kevin Jones’ future in the NBA looks bright, according to a report by Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv.
Zagoria quotes Jones’ agent as saying he has received a commitment from one NBA that he will be drated in the first round of Thursday’s draft.
“A team in the first round has committed to him,” Bill Neff told SNY.tv. “The question is, what does that mean? I never trust anything other than what happens on draft night.
“He’ll get drafted,” Neff continued. “It’s either them in the first or early second.”
Granted, much of the back-room politicking and hints meant to throw other teams off the trail of a scent happen all the way up until the final pick is taken in the NBA draft, but Jones is an interesting case.
He is one of those players who was a very solid player the college level, many arguing he should have won Big East Player of the Year this past season, but questions arise as to whether his game translates to the professional level.
His athletic test results were not overly impressive at this month’s NBA Draft Combine, but scouts see his 20.1 points and 11.1 rebounds per game this past season and have a good idea of what they’re getting.
Draft Express projects Jones to go in the middle of the second round.
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 1
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Nate Robinson, other Washington greats to play in alumni game June 23 (3)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1