Jun 26, 2012, 6:34 PM EDT
Hauns Brereton is a 6-foot-7, 210 pound forward for Hawaii.
Playing just under 20 minutes a game last season — his first for the Rainbow Warriors — Brereton averaged 7.7 points and 3.2 boards. But just because the Bartlett, TN, native isn’t a star doesn’t mean he spends the summer months loafing by the pool and maintaining his tan.
Brereton uploaded a video to youtube earlier this week showing him doing some impressive back yard workouts. And by impressive, I mean that you may no longer need those P90x or Insanity workout videos.
Have you ever thought to cut a four-foot log to hold above your had while you run up a hill? Didn’t think so:
“Those are a combination of workouts from the time I’ve been here,” Brereton, who has been in Memphis for the past month, told Warriors Insider.
Whenever his basketball career comes to a close, I think that Hauns has a career as an intimidating personal trainer if he can develop a German accent.
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 2
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte