Jun 26, 2012, 10:00 PM EST
Nothing to see here, just John Calipari doing what John Calipari does best:
Now THAT is how you recruit an elite high school basketball player.
“Sorry, bro. I can’t talk now. Everyone that matters on my team is going to the NBA. I’ll have to call you back.”
You don’t think that will grab a kid’s attention? Calipari is not so subtly letting everyone one of his nearly 2 million twitter followers know that he’ll have to get back to recruiting when he is done dealing with the NBA Draft. Not only is he letting recruits know that he force-feeds his players to the NBA, he is showing that he is loyal enough to help them with everything they need to get to that level before he starts in on the task of rebuilding his team.
There’s a reason he is the best at what he does.
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)