Jun 26, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Nothing to see here, just John Calipari doing what John Calipari does best:
Now THAT is how you recruit an elite high school basketball player.
“Sorry, bro. I can’t talk now. Everyone that matters on my team is going to the NBA. I’ll have to call you back.”
You don’t think that will grab a kid’s attention? Calipari is not so subtly letting everyone one of his nearly 2 million twitter followers know that he’ll have to get back to recruiting when he is done dealing with the NBA Draft. Not only is he letting recruits know that he force-feeds his players to the NBA, he is showing that he is loyal enough to help them with everything they need to get to that level before he starts in on the task of rebuilding his team.
There’s a reason he is the best at what he does.
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ 4
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Watch Stephen Curry put 40 on Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament (VIDEO) (3)
- Five-star power forward Elijah Thomas sets five official visits (3)