Jun 26, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Nothing to see here, just John Calipari doing what John Calipari does best:
Now THAT is how you recruit an elite high school basketball player.
“Sorry, bro. I can’t talk now. Everyone that matters on my team is going to the NBA. I’ll have to call you back.”
You don’t think that will grab a kid’s attention? Calipari is not so subtly letting everyone one of his nearly 2 million twitter followers know that he’ll have to get back to recruiting when he is done dealing with the NBA Draft. Not only is he letting recruits know that he force-feeds his players to the NBA, he is showing that he is loyal enough to help them with everything they need to get to that level before he starts in on the task of rebuilding his team.
There’s a reason he is the best at what he does.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 31
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (31)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (8)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)