Jun 26, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Nothing to see here, just John Calipari doing what John Calipari does best:
Now THAT is how you recruit an elite high school basketball player.
“Sorry, bro. I can’t talk now. Everyone that matters on my team is going to the NBA. I’ll have to call you back.”
You don’t think that will grab a kid’s attention? Calipari is not so subtly letting everyone one of his nearly 2 million twitter followers know that he’ll have to get back to recruiting when he is done dealing with the NBA Draft. Not only is he letting recruits know that he force-feeds his players to the NBA, he is showing that he is loyal enough to help them with everything they need to get to that level before he starts in on the task of rebuilding his team.
There’s a reason he is the best at what he does.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)