Jun 26, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Nothing to see here, just John Calipari doing what John Calipari does best:
Now THAT is how you recruit an elite high school basketball player.
“Sorry, bro. I can’t talk now. Everyone that matters on my team is going to the NBA. I’ll have to call you back.”
You don’t think that will grab a kid’s attention? Calipari is not so subtly letting everyone one of his nearly 2 million twitter followers know that he’ll have to get back to recruiting when he is done dealing with the NBA Draft. Not only is he letting recruits know that he force-feeds his players to the NBA, he is showing that he is loyal enough to help them with everything they need to get to that level before he starts in on the task of rebuilding his team.
There’s a reason he is the best at what he does.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 10
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw