Jun 27, 2012, 3:24 PM EST
The “good guy” side of Terrence Jones makes another appearance, this time at a local dentists’ office.
Jones, the soon-to-be NBA first round pick, bought a full dental makeover for a Kentucky fan and footed the entire bill, leaving 22-year-old William Bolden with a smile and not even a co-pay to worry about.
Bolden has posted a series of videos on YouTube where he analyzes everything Kentucky under the moniker “Stone Cold Willow.” He also became a fixture in the UK student section, with fans printing giant cardboard cuts of his face, a fad that has caught on across college basketball.
The makeover took place over eight appointments, which included pulling teeth, filling cavities, and installing three new front teeth, which he lost in a fight as a young boy.
“It’s been a long time coming since I had a smile like this,” Bolden told Kentucky.com. “All I want to say is just a big thank you.”
Jones and Bolden became friends on campus at Kentucky and bonded. Jones offered to pay out of pocket for the procedure and Bolden accepted. The 6-8 forward even accompanied Bolden to the final appointment (picture at right).
“Being around (Bolden), knowing what type of person he is, it’s only right for him to be able to smile,” Jones told the website. “As much as he makes us laugh, to have him be smiling back at us is just great.”
Jones has a big night of his own coming up on Thursday, as he is expected to be selected in the middle of the first round of the NBA draft.
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)