Jun 27, 2012, 3:24 PM EST
The “good guy” side of Terrence Jones makes another appearance, this time at a local dentists’ office.
Jones, the soon-to-be NBA first round pick, bought a full dental makeover for a Kentucky fan and footed the entire bill, leaving 22-year-old William Bolden with a smile and not even a co-pay to worry about.
Bolden has posted a series of videos on YouTube where he analyzes everything Kentucky under the moniker “Stone Cold Willow.” He also became a fixture in the UK student section, with fans printing giant cardboard cuts of his face, a fad that has caught on across college basketball.
The makeover took place over eight appointments, which included pulling teeth, filling cavities, and installing three new front teeth, which he lost in a fight as a young boy.
“It’s been a long time coming since I had a smile like this,” Bolden told Kentucky.com. “All I want to say is just a big thank you.”
Jones and Bolden became friends on campus at Kentucky and bonded. Jones offered to pay out of pocket for the procedure and Bolden accepted. The 6-8 forward even accompanied Bolden to the final appointment (picture at right).
“Being around (Bolden), knowing what type of person he is, it’s only right for him to be able to smile,” Jones told the website. “As much as he makes us laugh, to have him be smiling back at us is just great.”
Jones has a big night of his own coming up on Thursday, as he is expected to be selected in the middle of the first round of the NBA draft.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)