Jun 27, 2012, 3:24 PM EDT
The “good guy” side of Terrence Jones makes another appearance, this time at a local dentists’ office.
Jones, the soon-to-be NBA first round pick, bought a full dental makeover for a Kentucky fan and footed the entire bill, leaving 22-year-old William Bolden with a smile and not even a co-pay to worry about.
Bolden has posted a series of videos on YouTube where he analyzes everything Kentucky under the moniker “Stone Cold Willow.” He also became a fixture in the UK student section, with fans printing giant cardboard cuts of his face, a fad that has caught on across college basketball.
The makeover took place over eight appointments, which included pulling teeth, filling cavities, and installing three new front teeth, which he lost in a fight as a young boy.
“It’s been a long time coming since I had a smile like this,” Bolden told Kentucky.com. “All I want to say is just a big thank you.”
Jones and Bolden became friends on campus at Kentucky and bonded. Jones offered to pay out of pocket for the procedure and Bolden accepted. The 6-8 forward even accompanied Bolden to the final appointment (picture at right).
“Being around (Bolden), knowing what type of person he is, it’s only right for him to be able to smile,” Jones told the website. “As much as he makes us laugh, to have him be smiling back at us is just great.”
Jones has a big night of his own coming up on Thursday, as he is expected to be selected in the middle of the first round of the NBA draft.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)