Jun 27, 2012, 3:24 PM EDT
The “good guy” side of Terrence Jones makes another appearance, this time at a local dentists’ office.
Jones, the soon-to-be NBA first round pick, bought a full dental makeover for a Kentucky fan and footed the entire bill, leaving 22-year-old William Bolden with a smile and not even a co-pay to worry about.
Bolden has posted a series of videos on YouTube where he analyzes everything Kentucky under the moniker “Stone Cold Willow.” He also became a fixture in the UK student section, with fans printing giant cardboard cuts of his face, a fad that has caught on across college basketball.
The makeover took place over eight appointments, which included pulling teeth, filling cavities, and installing three new front teeth, which he lost in a fight as a young boy.
“It’s been a long time coming since I had a smile like this,” Bolden told Kentucky.com. “All I want to say is just a big thank you.”
Jones and Bolden became friends on campus at Kentucky and bonded. Jones offered to pay out of pocket for the procedure and Bolden accepted. The 6-8 forward even accompanied Bolden to the final appointment (picture at right).
“Being around (Bolden), knowing what type of person he is, it’s only right for him to be able to smile,” Jones told the website. “As much as he makes us laugh, to have him be smiling back at us is just great.”
Jones has a big night of his own coming up on Thursday, as he is expected to be selected in the middle of the first round of the NBA draft.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)