Jun 29, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
Boston College announced the addition of another big body on Friday, as Harvard transfer Andrew Van Nest has joined the program.
As a graduate student the 6-10 Van Nest will be eligible to play for the Eagles immediately, and he’ll have one year of eligibility remaining.
Van Nest played in just one game last season, coincidentally enough in Harvard’s 67-46 win at BC on December 29, playing two minutes without registering a point or rebound.
Van Nest redshirted as a freshman in 2008-09, but per Ivy League rules student-athletes are limited to eight semesters of eligibility unless there’s an academic reason for an extra semester (or year).
Van Nest played in 23 games in 2010-11, averaging 9.4 minutes per game. His best performance was a 13-point, five-rebound outing in the Crimson’s 87-71 win over Boston University.
Van Nest’s addition adds another body to the Boston College front court, which will be led by sophomores Dennis Clifford and Ryan Anderson.
But he’s not a banger despite being 6-10, 235, so look for Van Nest to be in more face-up situations when on the floor.
Photo credit: Mitchell Layton/Harvard Athletics
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)