Jun 29, 2012, 3:48 PM EST
Boston College announced the addition of another big body on Friday, as Harvard transfer Andrew Van Nest has joined the program.
As a graduate student the 6-10 Van Nest will be eligible to play for the Eagles immediately, and he’ll have one year of eligibility remaining.
Van Nest played in just one game last season, coincidentally enough in Harvard’s 67-46 win at BC on December 29, playing two minutes without registering a point or rebound.
Van Nest redshirted as a freshman in 2008-09, but per Ivy League rules student-athletes are limited to eight semesters of eligibility unless there’s an academic reason for an extra semester (or year).
Van Nest played in 23 games in 2010-11, averaging 9.4 minutes per game. His best performance was a 13-point, five-rebound outing in the Crimson’s 87-71 win over Boston University.
Van Nest’s addition adds another body to the Boston College front court, which will be led by sophomores Dennis Clifford and Ryan Anderson.
But he’s not a banger despite being 6-10, 235, so look for Van Nest to be in more face-up situations when on the floor.
Photo credit: Mitchell Layton/Harvard Athletics
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (5)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)