Anthony Davis takes playful jab at Austin Rivers at New Orleans Hornets introductory press conference
Jun 30, 2012, 3:58 PM EDT
If I had the chance, I’d do it to.
At the introductory press conference for Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers, the two newest members of the New Orleans Hornets, Davis took a playful jab at his new teammate, pointing out their level of success in the collegiate ranks.
“Unfortunately for Austin, I won a national title here [at the Final Four in New Orleans],” Davis said, pointing back to Rivers and smiling. “So I’ll come back and try to win…a world championship with the Hornets.”
Davis’ Wildcats beat Kansas to win the national title this past season, while Rivers’ Duke Blue Devils were eliminated in the first round of the NCAA tournament by Lehigh.
The Hornets had one of the better drafts of any NBA team Thursday night, grabbing Davis with the No. 1 overall pick and Rivers at No. 10. The two seem to complement each other as interior/perimeter forces and could be building blocks for a franchise.
It already looks like they’ve got the friendly chemistry working. Check out the full video below:
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 0
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 0
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)