Anthony Davis takes playful jab at Austin Rivers at New Orleans Hornets introductory press conference
Jun 30, 2012, 3:58 PM EDT
If I had the chance, I’d do it to.
At the introductory press conference for Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers, the two newest members of the New Orleans Hornets, Davis took a playful jab at his new teammate, pointing out their level of success in the collegiate ranks.
“Unfortunately for Austin, I won a national title here [at the Final Four in New Orleans],” Davis said, pointing back to Rivers and smiling. “So I’ll come back and try to win…a world championship with the Hornets.”
Davis’ Wildcats beat Kansas to win the national title this past season, while Rivers’ Duke Blue Devils were eliminated in the first round of the NCAA tournament by Lehigh.
The Hornets had one of the better drafts of any NBA team Thursday night, grabbing Davis with the No. 1 overall pick and Rivers at No. 10. The two seem to complement each other as interior/perimeter forces and could be building blocks for a franchise.
It already looks like they’ve got the friendly chemistry working. Check out the full video below:
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)