Anthony Davis takes playful jab at Austin Rivers at New Orleans Hornets introductory press conference
Jun 30, 2012, 3:58 PM EDT
If I had the chance, I’d do it to.
At the introductory press conference for Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers, the two newest members of the New Orleans Hornets, Davis took a playful jab at his new teammate, pointing out their level of success in the collegiate ranks.
“Unfortunately for Austin, I won a national title here [at the Final Four in New Orleans],” Davis said, pointing back to Rivers and smiling. “So I’ll come back and try to win…a world championship with the Hornets.”
Davis’ Wildcats beat Kansas to win the national title this past season, while Rivers’ Duke Blue Devils were eliminated in the first round of the NCAA tournament by Lehigh.
The Hornets had one of the better drafts of any NBA team Thursday night, grabbing Davis with the No. 1 overall pick and Rivers at No. 10. The two seem to complement each other as interior/perimeter forces and could be building blocks for a franchise.
It already looks like they’ve got the friendly chemistry working. Check out the full video below:
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)