Anthony Davis takes playful jab at Austin Rivers at New Orleans Hornets introductory press conference
Jun 30, 2012, 3:58 PM EDT
If I had the chance, I’d do it to.
At the introductory press conference for Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers, the two newest members of the New Orleans Hornets, Davis took a playful jab at his new teammate, pointing out their level of success in the collegiate ranks.
“Unfortunately for Austin, I won a national title here [at the Final Four in New Orleans],” Davis said, pointing back to Rivers and smiling. “So I’ll come back and try to win…a world championship with the Hornets.”
Davis’ Wildcats beat Kansas to win the national title this past season, while Rivers’ Duke Blue Devils were eliminated in the first round of the NCAA tournament by Lehigh.
The Hornets had one of the better drafts of any NBA team Thursday night, grabbing Davis with the No. 1 overall pick and Rivers at No. 10. The two seem to complement each other as interior/perimeter forces and could be building blocks for a franchise.
It already looks like they’ve got the friendly chemistry working. Check out the full video below:
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 0
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)