Anthony Davis takes playful jab at Austin Rivers at New Orleans Hornets introductory press conference
Jun 30, 2012, 3:58 PM EDT
If I had the chance, I’d do it to.
At the introductory press conference for Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers, the two newest members of the New Orleans Hornets, Davis took a playful jab at his new teammate, pointing out their level of success in the collegiate ranks.
“Unfortunately for Austin, I won a national title here [at the Final Four in New Orleans],” Davis said, pointing back to Rivers and smiling. “So I’ll come back and try to win…a world championship with the Hornets.”
Davis’ Wildcats beat Kansas to win the national title this past season, while Rivers’ Duke Blue Devils were eliminated in the first round of the NCAA tournament by Lehigh.
The Hornets had one of the better drafts of any NBA team Thursday night, grabbing Davis with the No. 1 overall pick and Rivers at No. 10. The two seem to complement each other as interior/perimeter forces and could be building blocks for a franchise.
It already looks like they’ve got the friendly chemistry working. Check out the full video below:
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)