Jul 1, 2012, 1:09 PM EDT
We’ve seen a number of high-profile players reclassify and slip into a favorable recruiting situation, namely Nerlens Noel to Kentucky and 2013 guard Wayne Selden, and another came along Sunday morning.
Devon Hall, a 6-4, 180-pound guard from Virginia Beach, Va., has reclassified from the Class of 2014 into the Class of 2013 and has committed to Virginia.
They really need a point guard in the class of 2013,” Hall told Scout.com. “It was up in the air. I had a shot to come in right away and play and play immediately.”
Hall is ranked as a Top 50 player in his prior class, 2014, and gives coach Tony Bennett help at the point guard position when he comes in for the 2013-14 season.
He is the first player committed to Bennett’s 2013 class, which will follow a strong 2012 outing on the recruiting trail for the Cavaliers.
Justin Anderson leads the 2012 class, along with Evan Nolte, Mike Tobey, Teven Jones, and Taylore Barnette.
Virginia finished last season with an overall record of 22-10, including 9-7 in the ACC. They secured an at-large bid into the NCAA tournament, but were eliminated by Florida.
Leading scorer and rebounder Mike Scott has moved on to the NBA, giving Bennett another talking point on the recruiting trail.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 2
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit