Jul 1, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
6-10 forward Michael Bradley left Connecticut for Western Kentucky this spring, hoping that the NCAA would grant him a waiver and thus be allowed to play immediately.
Vincennes head coach Todd Franklin made the trip down to Bowling Green to watch Bradley, who has been taking summer courses at WKU, work out last week and on Bradley’s visit to VU on Friday the Chattanooga native signed.
“He’s a big, talented guy, and he has a vast amount of potential,” Franklin said Bradley in the school’s statement. “We hope he can get us over the hump [to be a serious contender for a NJCAA Div. I National Championship at Hutchinson, KS].”
Bradley hasn’t played a game at the collegiate level despite spending two seasons at UConn. He was redshirted in 2010-11, and a fractured right ankle robbed him of the opportunity to play in 2011-12.
Yet the NCAA still decided that even with those facts and the Huskies being ruled ineligible for the postseason, Bradley should sit out a third season before being eligible to play for Western Kentucky in 2013.
The end result is Vincennes landing a 6-10 player who should be an asset after shaking off some of the rust that’s likely present given Bradley’s lack of game action.
“We were looking at getting another big guy in here and we knew we should try to get a true center, because we’re deep at other positions,” said Franklin.
“When you can add a 6-10 Big East transfer who doesn’t bring a lot of baggage and was a high test score player, you have to feel fortunate.”
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)