Jul 3, 2012, 10:57 AM EST
The Drexel Dragons added to their men’s basketball staff Monday, promoting operations assistant Bobby Jordan to assistant coach, the school announced.
“I am looking forward to having Bobby take over the duties as an assistant coach,” Drexel head coach Bruiser Flint said in a statement. “He is extremely familiar with how we run the program. Bobby is a tireless worker and should help us in our recruiting efforts.”
Jordan has spent the last two seasons with the Dragons as an operations assistant, a job that he took after completing a four-year playing career at Drexel.
He walked on to the Drexel team as a freshman in 2005-06, and eventually earned a scholarship. He saw action in eight games over his four-year career.
A Philadelphia native, Jordan takes the place of Ashley Howard, who left to fill an assistant coaching vacancy at Xavier.
Drexel finished 29-7 last season, including 16-2 in the CAA, but did not make the NCAA tournament. Instead, they advanced to the quarterfinals of the NIT, where they were eliminated by Massachusetts.
The Dragons return their top two scorers from last season, Frantz Massenat and Damion Lee, and return to a conference that has become less crowded at the top with the departure of Virginia Commonwealth to the A-10.
Coach Bruiser Flint enters his twelfth season with Drexel in 2012-13.
- Bubble Banter: Whose tournament hopes are on the line on Tuesday night? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)