Jul 3, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
The Internet seems to be the ultimate judge of quality video content these days. Bring it out into the public square and cyberspace, and you’ll see how well it’s received. Granted, you could shrug off any criticism if you wanted, but sometimes the crowds speak the truth.
The latest sports-related video to receive a resounding “No!” from the internet community comes from Texas A&M, as the school put together a welcome video to celebrate its move to the SEC.
Basic premise: Recite chants from each of the SEC members, then end with the A&M president giving a few words and a Rick Perry-esque thumbs up. My favorite guy? The Arkansas Razorbacks kid. Such a manufactured enthusiasm. It’s a thing of beauty.
As of Tuesday afternoon, the video had 669 dislikes and just 53 likes. Judge for yourself below:
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)