Jul 3, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
The Internet seems to be the ultimate judge of quality video content these days. Bring it out into the public square and cyberspace, and you’ll see how well it’s received. Granted, you could shrug off any criticism if you wanted, but sometimes the crowds speak the truth.
The latest sports-related video to receive a resounding “No!” from the internet community comes from Texas A&M, as the school put together a welcome video to celebrate its move to the SEC.
Basic premise: Recite chants from each of the SEC members, then end with the A&M president giving a few words and a Rick Perry-esque thumbs up. My favorite guy? The Arkansas Razorbacks kid. Such a manufactured enthusiasm. It’s a thing of beauty.
As of Tuesday afternoon, the video had 669 dislikes and just 53 likes. Judge for yourself below:
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 0
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 0
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 0
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 0
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)