Jul 4, 2012, 8:04 PM EDT
It is now official: Khalil Muprhy will be transferring to reigning Northeast Conference champ Long Island.
The 6-foot-7 native of New Jersey spent his first two years at San Francisco, where he averaged 1.8 points in 16 games for the Dons as a redshirt freshman last season. Murphy will have two years of eligibility remaining when he gets eligible in 2013-2014.
“I liked the team and the coaches right away,” Murphy told SNY.tv. “It’s back home. We won the [Northeast] Conference the last two years and I just see us getting better as a team in the future. I think my versatility and size will give me a huge advantage and with the fast-paced style it will allow me to make plays for my teammates.”
LIU has had quite a bit of success with athletic big men.
Jamal Olasewere and Julian Boyd averaged a combined 34.3 points and 16.8 boards in the Blackbird’s uptempo system.
(Image via San Francisco’s website)
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games