Jul 8, 2012, 12:37 PM EDT
North Carolina commit Nate Britt, a 6-1 guard from Washington, D.C., will transfer to Oak Hill Academy for his final prep season, he announced Sunday on InandOutofSports.com.
News of his transfer had been rumored throughout the spring, but today was the first time he publicly confirmed them. Recent weeks had brought conflicting reports from multiple outlets.
Edgar Walker of MarylandHoops.net reported that Britt would make the announcement today, which he ultimately did around 12:30 PM EDT.
“I’ve decided to transfer to Oak Hill next year,” he said on the show. “I think Oak Hill presented me with an oppportunity that would prepare me for North Carolina next year. I feel like it would allow me to mature and get ready for college.”
Britt will be leaving Gonzaga College High School (D.C.) as Top 25 prospect in the country and a Top 3 point guard in the Class of 2013.
He currently plays for the DC Assault on the AAU circuit, a program that has churned out other high-major point guard prospects, including former Duke guard Nolan Smith and current Duke guard Quinn Cook.
Oak Hill finished last season as the No. 1 team in the season, with an overall record of 44-0. Graduating seniors Tyler Lewis, Jordan Adams, and D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera will all be headed to high-major programs, NC State, UCLA, and Georgetown, respectively.
The Warriors will be reloading in 2012-13.
Along with Britt joining the team, fellow Top 50 player Troy Williams of Hampton, Va., will be attending school at the national powerhouse.
North Carolina has two commitments from the Class of 2013 so far, Britt and North Carolina native Isaiah Hicks.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)