Jul 8, 2012, 12:37 PM EDT
North Carolina commit Nate Britt, a 6-1 guard from Washington, D.C., will transfer to Oak Hill Academy for his final prep season, he announced Sunday on InandOutofSports.com.
News of his transfer had been rumored throughout the spring, but today was the first time he publicly confirmed them. Recent weeks had brought conflicting reports from multiple outlets.
Edgar Walker of MarylandHoops.net reported that Britt would make the announcement today, which he ultimately did around 12:30 PM EDT.
“I’ve decided to transfer to Oak Hill next year,” he said on the show. “I think Oak Hill presented me with an oppportunity that would prepare me for North Carolina next year. I feel like it would allow me to mature and get ready for college.”
Britt will be leaving Gonzaga College High School (D.C.) as Top 25 prospect in the country and a Top 3 point guard in the Class of 2013.
He currently plays for the DC Assault on the AAU circuit, a program that has churned out other high-major point guard prospects, including former Duke guard Nolan Smith and current Duke guard Quinn Cook.
Oak Hill finished last season as the No. 1 team in the season, with an overall record of 44-0. Graduating seniors Tyler Lewis, Jordan Adams, and D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera will all be headed to high-major programs, NC State, UCLA, and Georgetown, respectively.
The Warriors will be reloading in 2012-13.
Along with Britt joining the team, fellow Top 50 player Troy Williams of Hampton, Va., will be attending school at the national powerhouse.
North Carolina has two commitments from the Class of 2013 so far, Britt and North Carolina native Isaiah Hicks.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)