Jul 9, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
Nerlens Noel’s game is ready for the jump to Kentucky. He’s perhaps the premier shot blocker of the last 20 years, with offensive skills that are rapidly catching up.
Now he just needs to ensure his grades are ready.
Per the Boston Herald, Noel is taking two summer classes at Everett High in order to boost his GPA to meet NCAA standards. Noel attended Everett for two years before transferring to the Tilton School in New Hampshire. He was originally part of the class of 2013, but re-classified earlier this year.
That’s also why he’s in summer school. Noel would’ve had another year to get his academics in order. But now he’s gotta hurry.
This also isn’t anything new. Two members of the NCAA reportedly investigated Noel’s academic background at Everett back in May and if he’d be able to get everything done in time to play in 2012-13. That meeting also served as a probe into his relationship with Chris Driscoll, a former Providence assistant.
Will Noel be ready to play for the Wildcats for their first game? I’d guess he’ll have no trouble completing the classes and probably do the same to ensure any test scores need to be met. Hey, when a season at Kentucky – and possibly the No. 1 overall pick in 2013 – is on the line, one doesn’t dillydally.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)