Jul 11, 2012, 11:58 AM EDT
UPDATED 11 July 2012, 1:01 PM
Fans see this like Christmas in November. For those who cover the game, it calls for the biggest caffeine binge of the year.
The match-ups for the 2012 24-hour hoops marathon were released Wednesday, set to take place Tuesday, Nov. 13. Just as it has been in the past, that day will see 11 games over the course of the day, beginning at midnight and ending close to midnight the coming day.
Here is the full slate:
Midnight: West Virginia at Gonzaga
2 a.m.: Davidson at New Mexico
4 a.m.: Houston Baptist at Hawaii
6 a.m.: Stony Brook at Rider
8 a.m.: Northern Illinois at Valparaiso
10 a.m.: Harvard at Massachusetts
12 p.m.: Temple at Kent State
2 p.m.: Detroit at St. John’s
4 p.m.: Butler at Xavier
7 p.m.: Michigan State vs. Kansas (Champions Classic, Georgia Dome — Atlanta)
30 minutes following MSU/KU: Duke vs. Kentucky (Champions Classic)
The two best games of the day are saved for primetime, obviously, but you’ll find solid games throughout the day.
It begins with West Virginia, now a member of the Big 12 and without Kevin Jones, against Kevin Pangos and Gonzaga. New Mexico comes into the season having to compensate for the loss of Drew Gordon and they’ll take on Davidson.
Other games that should catch some attention: Steve Lavin leads another big group of St. John’s youth against Ray McCallum and Detroit. Following that game, Xavier welcomes Brad Stevens and Butler to the A-10.
As for the marquee games, Tom Izzo welcomes a four-man recruiting class to Michigan State against national runner-up Kansas.
Top that off with Duke vs. a reloaded Kentucky squad and it looks like we’re in for a good day of basketball.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 0
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 1
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 2
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 23
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)