Jul 14, 2012, 10:08 PM EDT
Remember Christian Standhardinger? Yes? No?
The former Nebraska Cornhusker was one of the better performers for Doc Sadler, averaging 9.5 points and 5.5 rebounds before everything went south – if that’s the proper term for a kid who was about to transfer to LaSalle, before being caught in flagrante delecto with a lady friend. After his arrest, sans pants, not much more was heard from the German-born forward.
Standhardinger wasn’t idle after his arrest, however. He eventually made his way to the University of Hawaii, where he has — blessedly quietly — sat out his NCAA-mandated season away from the court and seems more than ready to get going for Gib Arnold and the Big West-bound Warriors. He was apparently “that guy” in Manoa’s College Summer League, leading his team to a 111-83 win with above-average off season intensity, according to the Honolulu Advertiser.
Standhardinger was the catalyst, hustling for 30 points (don’t tell him it’s just summer league) and requesting the defensive assignment on Sensley this time … and holding the veteran pro to a modest 15.
More and more, it’s becoming obvious that Standhardinger’s energy will be a driving force (if harnessed correctly) for the 2012-13 Rainbow Warriors. He was all over the glass on both ends and found angle after angle to score inside.
No word on whether Standhardinger also showed up with kneepads and a sweatband, with his socks pulled up to his knees, but he is obviously intent on rehabilitating his reputation, and getting back on track with hoops. In the history of basketball and crime, getting a little sumpin’-sumpin’ in your car with a willing adult accomplice seems like a pretty silly thing to get roped for. Here’s hoping the big German finds his stroke in his second go-round.
(photo courtesy Warriors Insider)
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)