Jul 14, 2012, 10:08 PM EDT
Remember Christian Standhardinger? Yes? No?
The former Nebraska Cornhusker was one of the better performers for Doc Sadler, averaging 9.5 points and 5.5 rebounds before everything went south – if that’s the proper term for a kid who was about to transfer to LaSalle, before being caught in flagrante delecto with a lady friend. After his arrest, sans pants, not much more was heard from the German-born forward.
Standhardinger wasn’t idle after his arrest, however. He eventually made his way to the University of Hawaii, where he has — blessedly quietly — sat out his NCAA-mandated season away from the court and seems more than ready to get going for Gib Arnold and the Big West-bound Warriors. He was apparently “that guy” in Manoa’s College Summer League, leading his team to a 111-83 win with above-average off season intensity, according to the Honolulu Advertiser.
Standhardinger was the catalyst, hustling for 30 points (don’t tell him it’s just summer league) and requesting the defensive assignment on Sensley this time … and holding the veteran pro to a modest 15.
More and more, it’s becoming obvious that Standhardinger’s energy will be a driving force (if harnessed correctly) for the 2012-13 Rainbow Warriors. He was all over the glass on both ends and found angle after angle to score inside.
No word on whether Standhardinger also showed up with kneepads and a sweatband, with his socks pulled up to his knees, but he is obviously intent on rehabilitating his reputation, and getting back on track with hoops. In the history of basketball and crime, getting a little sumpin’-sumpin’ in your car with a willing adult accomplice seems like a pretty silly thing to get roped for. Here’s hoping the big German finds his stroke in his second go-round.
(photo courtesy Warriors Insider)
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)