Jul 14, 2012, 10:08 PM EDT
Remember Christian Standhardinger? Yes? No?
The former Nebraska Cornhusker was one of the better performers for Doc Sadler, averaging 9.5 points and 5.5 rebounds before everything went south – if that’s the proper term for a kid who was about to transfer to LaSalle, before being caught in flagrante delecto with a lady friend. After his arrest, sans pants, not much more was heard from the German-born forward.
Standhardinger wasn’t idle after his arrest, however. He eventually made his way to the University of Hawaii, where he has — blessedly quietly — sat out his NCAA-mandated season away from the court and seems more than ready to get going for Gib Arnold and the Big West-bound Warriors. He was apparently “that guy” in Manoa’s College Summer League, leading his team to a 111-83 win with above-average off season intensity, according to the Honolulu Advertiser.
Standhardinger was the catalyst, hustling for 30 points (don’t tell him it’s just summer league) and requesting the defensive assignment on Sensley this time … and holding the veteran pro to a modest 15.
More and more, it’s becoming obvious that Standhardinger’s energy will be a driving force (if harnessed correctly) for the 2012-13 Rainbow Warriors. He was all over the glass on both ends and found angle after angle to score inside.
No word on whether Standhardinger also showed up with kneepads and a sweatband, with his socks pulled up to his knees, but he is obviously intent on rehabilitating his reputation, and getting back on track with hoops. In the history of basketball and crime, getting a little sumpin’-sumpin’ in your car with a willing adult accomplice seems like a pretty silly thing to get roped for. Here’s hoping the big German finds his stroke in his second go-round.
(photo courtesy Warriors Insider)
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)