Jul 15, 2012, 1:04 PM EDT
One of the beauties of being free from amateur restrictions set by the NCAA is that you now have the freedom to get paid for sponsorships and appearances, and Tu Holloway and Erving Walker made their first big splash in a Nike+ commercial released online.
In the video, Walker and Holloway are among those testing a new pair of Nike shoes that keep track of data during a game or workout. Another interesting way to look at it is that Holloway retains his marketability, despite the fallout from the fight between Xavier and Cincinnati this past season.
Check out the video below:
- Bracketology: Gonzaga grabs WCC title, BYU waits 0
- 2014 Pac-12 Tournament Preview: No. 4 Arizona looks to cap dominant campaign 1
- 2014 Mountain West Tournament Preview: San Diego State, New Mexico clear favorites in Las Vegas 0
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)