Jul 16, 2012, 12:45 AM EDT
Bill Carmody received his second commitment to the Class of 2013 in nearly two weeks on Sunday, as 6-7 forward Nathan Taphorn committed to the school according to Illinois Wolves director Mike Mullins.
Taphorn, a native of Pekin, Illinois, is a good perimeter shooter who averaged 14 points and five rebounds per game as a junior per the Chicago Tribune.
According to Brian Snow of Scout.com, Taphorn is in the mold of recent Northwestern graduate John Shurna in his ability to shoot from the perimeter.
Taphorn joins New Jersey guard Jaren Sina as 2013 commits to Northwestern, who should also return guards JerShon Cobb and Dave Soboliewski for that season.
Will this influx of talent be enough to help the Wildcats reach their first-ever tournament should that not be accomplished this season?
That remains to be seen, but it certainly doesn’t hurt to get early commitments from two players who have the ability to fit into Carmody’s offensive system.
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 1
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 13
- John Calipari: ‘We’re chasing perfection’ (14)
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Big Ten considering ‘protected rivalries’ for basketball schedule (9)
- Federal tax documents reveal that Mike Krzyzewski made $9.7 million in 2011 (4)
- Evan Gordon is transferring to Indiana (4)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury