Jul 19, 2012, 2:54 PM EDT
Jared Terrell and Abdul-Malik Abu are not only teammates on Boston’s Expressions AAU team, but both players currently ranked in the top 75 in the Class of 2014.
Both Terrell, a 6-foot-4 shooting guard, and Abu, a 6-foot-8 forward, have offers pouring in and, well, their lists seem a bit similar. Providence, Iowa State, Rutgers, Cincinnati, Rhode Island, Temple. There is a reason for that, it turns out: Terrell and Abu are, more or less, a package deal.
“If a better situation comes along, we might have to part ways,” Terrell told NBCSports.com. “But for now, it’s what we want to do.”
Providence (Ed Cooley, Andre LaFleur), Rhode Island (both Hurley brothers) and Pitt (Brandon Knight) all checked out the duo on Thursday at Hoop Group’s Summer Classic East, a day after programs like Virginia, Virginia Tech (James Johnson), Maryland (Mark Turgeon) and North Carolina (Hubert Davis) gave them a look.
“We don’t want to hold each other back, but I bet we end up together,” Abu, who picked up an offer from Michigan State, said. Terrell also has offers from Miami, St. John’s and UConn.
While it’s unclear — and will be for a while — where these two will end up going to college, one thing that is for certain is that both players are well-schooled on how to handle the summer’s media attention.
Both players said, independently, “my recruitment’s wide-open.”
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)