Jul 19, 2012, 2:54 PM EST
Jared Terrell and Abdul-Malik Abu are not only teammates on Boston’s Expressions AAU team, but both players currently ranked in the top 75 in the Class of 2014.
Both Terrell, a 6-foot-4 shooting guard, and Abu, a 6-foot-8 forward, have offers pouring in and, well, their lists seem a bit similar. Providence, Iowa State, Rutgers, Cincinnati, Rhode Island, Temple. There is a reason for that, it turns out: Terrell and Abu are, more or less, a package deal.
“If a better situation comes along, we might have to part ways,” Terrell told NBCSports.com. “But for now, it’s what we want to do.”
Providence (Ed Cooley, Andre LaFleur), Rhode Island (both Hurley brothers) and Pitt (Brandon Knight) all checked out the duo on Thursday at Hoop Group’s Summer Classic East, a day after programs like Virginia, Virginia Tech (James Johnson), Maryland (Mark Turgeon) and North Carolina (Hubert Davis) gave them a look.
“We don’t want to hold each other back, but I bet we end up together,” Abu, who picked up an offer from Michigan State, said. Terrell also has offers from Miami, St. John’s and UConn.
While it’s unclear — and will be for a while — where these two will end up going to college, one thing that is for certain is that both players are well-schooled on how to handle the summer’s media attention.
Both players said, independently, “my recruitment’s wide-open.”
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)