Jul 19, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
Are you in need of money? Do you need a cash loan or an advance on your next paycheck? Well, we have the solution: Hit up the Big East for money.
- The once “super-conference” made two big deals yesterday, getting $7.5-million from Pittsburgh for their exit fee, and reached a settlement with TCU for $5-million. Sure, the quality of revenue-generating sports might suck, but the guys running the show will be swimming in cash.
- If you read one thing today, make sure it’s Luke Winn’s piece on “up-transferring”, one of the more fashionable trends in transferring protocol. The guys at Mid-Major Madness provide a great response to Winn’s article
- Of course I want to know what Jake Voskuhl thinks about Jim Calhoun’s off-season coaching decision!
- Jeff Goodman reminds us that at one point in time Mason Plumlee was thought the be a sure-first “one-and-done” player
- Hinkle Fieldhouse could get a visit from the ESPN GameDay crew this year for a showdown between mid-major powerhouses Butler and Gonzaga. Seriously, it’s about damn time GameDay made it to Hinkle. The place is magical
- Would Kentucky be better suited in the Big-Ten Conference? KSR has ten reasons why it makes sense
- If you aren’t already sick of the media circus surrounding the recruitment of the Harrison twins, the Washington Post provides even more.
- Clemson sophomore guard Devin Coleman tore his ACL during a conditioning drill on Tuesday and it’s likely that he misses the entire season. Coleman spent the end of last season recovering from a groin injury
- T.J. Taylor spent less than a month at Marquette before deciding to leave school. (This doesn’t bode well for Jeff Goodman’s 2012-2013 transfer list)
- The undefeated Baylor women’s basketball team visited with President Obama this week. Listen, I like the guy, and would have voted for him if I didn’t provide a write-in (Arenas/Portis ’08 baby!) vote. But even I can’t help but think that he is spending an awful lot of time hanging out at sporting events. Just saying.
- Legendary Georgetown coach John Thompson on Penn State scandal: “I feel bad for Joe Paterno”
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 1
- George Washington joins ‘cool court club’, redesigns home floor 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 12
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims