Jul 19, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
There is nothing about the 2013 class that is set in stone as the summer evaluation periods progresses, but one thing appears to be clear, that the most important recruit isn’t Sports Illustrated cover boy Jabari Parker or ironman power forward Julius Randle.
That would be either Andrew or Aaron Harrison. It’s like this:
The 6-4 twin brothers from Travis (Texas) are considered by many to be top-5 recruits, but there isn’t a reputable source that considers either No. 1 overall. But the twins are a package deal. If a college gets one twin, they get the other. Land one top-5 player and automatically snag another? That’s an incredible value.
Both pack over 210 pounds on to their muscular frames, and while scouts generally consider Andrew the point guard and Aaron the shooting guard, the reality is that both players are combo guards who feed off each other. Aaron is the more prolific outside shooter and Andrew a dime dropper when not crashing to the rim, but both work in concert with each other, as one would expect twins to do.
Their skill level, advanced physique and bullish style of play have turned heads playing for their father on the Houston Defenders this summer, to the detriment of their opponents.
Kentucky, Maryland, Baylor or Villanova are the schools chasing the twins. When they decide, that school will have at least one full season with what conservatively a top-10 backcourt in college basketball and what seems likely to be at least a top-5 recruiting class, regardless of where they end up.
Yes, others in the class may have the highest long term NBA potential (the aforementioned Randle has a strong argument), but with both twins headed to the same college, a Harrison has to be the most important recruit to be landed in the 2013 class.
(Photo from The Hoop Doctors)
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)