Jul 21, 2012, 7:35 PM EDT
Big-time programs are going through this every season at this point. Kansas just found out that freshman Milton Doyle will be eligible to play this season, which was a great relief following a 2011 eligibility decision that cost the team much of its depth. Kentucky has dealt with the NCAA’s harsh spotlight as well in recent seasons. Somtimes the blue-bloods win, sometimes they lose.
According to a very recent post from Kentucky journalist John Clay, Nerlens Noel – the star of John Calipari’s next New Model Army — is on track to make his debut in blue as well.
Clay’s source is none other than Kentucky Assistant AD Chris Woolard, by way of a tweet from Danville Advocate-Messenger writer Larry Vaught, which was first re-posted by A Sea of Blue. In other words, this is Clay reporting a tweet posted by a blogger, written by another journalist who heard an athletic department staffer say something vague and unconfirmable about a guy most of us have never seen play. As such, I’m prepared to re-re-re-report this ephemeral bit of fluff to you, the loyal NBC College Basketball Talk readership. It’s a lead-pipe cinch!
Can anybody else not wait for real Olympic basketball to start? Because I can’t.
- Report: Devonta Pollard no longer enrolled at Alabama 0
- Communication plays vital role in development of Marquette’s Vander Blue 0
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming