Jul 21, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
After it was announced that Jabari Parker would be out at this week’s Peach Jam in South Carolina, it looked like an match-up on par with Parker vs. Canadian star Andrew Wiggins would be lost.
But Wednesday night brought the Texas Titans vs. CIA Bounce, matching Wiggins against another Top 3 prospect in the country, Julius Randle.
Reports and pictures from North Augusta say and show the gym was packed, so much so that even Kentucky coach John Calipari couldn’t find a seat in the standing-room-only gymnasium.
The game went into overtime, with CIA Bounce ultimately winning, 81-80. Randle fouled out with 15 points, while Wiggins went for 28.
The hype and praise surrounding Andrew Wiggins continues to grow. He is increasingly guarded from the media, while he is more and more impressive every time he steps on the court. Currently in the Class of 2014, many expect him to reclassify to 2013, much like Nerlens Noel did this past season and Andrew Drummond before him.
Regardless, all signs point to Wiggins as a future star and he should be a interesting case to watch in the coming years. Check out the highlights of Randle-Wiggins below:
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)