Jul 21, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
After it was announced that Jabari Parker would be out at this week’s Peach Jam in South Carolina, it looked like an match-up on par with Parker vs. Canadian star Andrew Wiggins would be lost.
But Wednesday night brought the Texas Titans vs. CIA Bounce, matching Wiggins against another Top 3 prospect in the country, Julius Randle.
Reports and pictures from North Augusta say and show the gym was packed, so much so that even Kentucky coach John Calipari couldn’t find a seat in the standing-room-only gymnasium.
The game went into overtime, with CIA Bounce ultimately winning, 81-80. Randle fouled out with 15 points, while Wiggins went for 28.
The hype and praise surrounding Andrew Wiggins continues to grow. He is increasingly guarded from the media, while he is more and more impressive every time he steps on the court. Currently in the Class of 2014, many expect him to reclassify to 2013, much like Nerlens Noel did this past season and Andrew Drummond before him.
Regardless, all signs point to Wiggins as a future star and he should be a interesting case to watch in the coming years. Check out the highlights of Randle-Wiggins below:
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Len Bias among inductees in Maryland’s 2014 Athletics Hall of Fame class (2)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)