Jul 21, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
After it was announced that Jabari Parker would be out at this week’s Peach Jam in South Carolina, it looked like an match-up on par with Parker vs. Canadian star Andrew Wiggins would be lost.
But Wednesday night brought the Texas Titans vs. CIA Bounce, matching Wiggins against another Top 3 prospect in the country, Julius Randle.
Reports and pictures from North Augusta say and show the gym was packed, so much so that even Kentucky coach John Calipari couldn’t find a seat in the standing-room-only gymnasium.
The game went into overtime, with CIA Bounce ultimately winning, 81-80. Randle fouled out with 15 points, while Wiggins went for 28.
The hype and praise surrounding Andrew Wiggins continues to grow. He is increasingly guarded from the media, while he is more and more impressive every time he steps on the court. Currently in the Class of 2014, many expect him to reclassify to 2013, much like Nerlens Noel did this past season and Andrew Drummond before him.
Regardless, all signs point to Wiggins as a future star and he should be a interesting case to watch in the coming years. Check out the highlights of Randle-Wiggins below:
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)