Jul 21, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
After it was announced that Jabari Parker would be out at this week’s Peach Jam in South Carolina, it looked like an match-up on par with Parker vs. Canadian star Andrew Wiggins would be lost.
But Wednesday night brought the Texas Titans vs. CIA Bounce, matching Wiggins against another Top 3 prospect in the country, Julius Randle.
Reports and pictures from North Augusta say and show the gym was packed, so much so that even Kentucky coach John Calipari couldn’t find a seat in the standing-room-only gymnasium.
The game went into overtime, with CIA Bounce ultimately winning, 81-80. Randle fouled out with 15 points, while Wiggins went for 28.
The hype and praise surrounding Andrew Wiggins continues to grow. He is increasingly guarded from the media, while he is more and more impressive every time he steps on the court. Currently in the Class of 2014, many expect him to reclassify to 2013, much like Nerlens Noel did this past season and Andrew Drummond before him.
Regardless, all signs point to Wiggins as a future star and he should be a interesting case to watch in the coming years. Check out the highlights of Randle-Wiggins below:
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 2
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him