Jul 21, 2012, 9:40 AM EST
After it was announced that Jabari Parker would be out at this week’s Peach Jam in South Carolina, it looked like an match-up on par with Parker vs. Canadian star Andrew Wiggins would be lost.
But Wednesday night brought the Texas Titans vs. CIA Bounce, matching Wiggins against another Top 3 prospect in the country, Julius Randle.
Reports and pictures from North Augusta say and show the gym was packed, so much so that even Kentucky coach John Calipari couldn’t find a seat in the standing-room-only gymnasium.
The game went into overtime, with CIA Bounce ultimately winning, 81-80. Randle fouled out with 15 points, while Wiggins went for 28.
The hype and praise surrounding Andrew Wiggins continues to grow. He is increasingly guarded from the media, while he is more and more impressive every time he steps on the court. Currently in the Class of 2014, many expect him to reclassify to 2013, much like Nerlens Noel did this past season and Andrew Drummond before him.
Regardless, all signs point to Wiggins as a future star and he should be a interesting case to watch in the coming years. Check out the highlights of Randle-Wiggins below:
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)