Jul 22, 2012, 6:16 PM EDT
To say that these haven’t been the best of time for Penn State would be an understatement. And according to Dave Telep of ESPN.com the basketball program took a hit on the recruiting trail.
In a move that had nothing to do with the scandal that’s taken over the football program, 2013 Imhotep Charter (PA) wing Brandon Austin has de-committed from Penn State but the Nittany Lions do remain in the running for his services.
The 6-7 Philadelphia native was another of the solid prospects that head coach Pat Chambers had received pledges from, and with Geno Thorpe combined to spark optimism amongst Penn State fans.
There are many high major schools that remained interested in Austin’s services, so it’s obvious that those schools will attempt to use this opportunity to their advantage.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 10
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw