Jul 23, 2012, 11:33 PM EDT
If it looks like Quinn Cook and Marshall Plumlee improved their games over the summer, they can say a trip to Europe paid off.
Those two Duke players are among a group of college players headed to Estonia next week for the Four Nations Cup, per Mike DeCourcy of AOLSporting News.
Cook and Plumlee join West Virginia’s Juwan Staten and Kevin Noreen, Maryland’s Nick Faust, Xavier’s Brad Redford, Iowa’s Zach McCabe and Stanford’s Dwight Powell as part of the East Coast All-Stars. Also included are three players from non D-I schools: Michael Holton of St. Michael’s, Kevin Anthony and Jerald Williams of Lycoming.
The Four Nations Cup is a four-team tournament held in Estonia starting July 29. The college kids will play a team from Georgia (led by Atlanta Hawks center Zaza Pachulia), the Czech Republic (led by Washington Wizards’ Jan Vesely and host country Estonia.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 1
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 4
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final