Jul 24, 2012, 9:35 AM EDT
In the face of so much negative news, sometimes it’s refreshing to get a positive tidbit from time to time. Today, we have one.
Jack The Bulldog, Georgetown’s mascot, is recovering well after undergoing ACL surgery in March. The exact source of the injury was unknown at the time, but tweets from handler Christopher Steck suggested it might have been from routine daily activity.
Check out some video footage of his recovery:
Jack is the second bulldog with health concerns in recent months. Butler’s Blue II was diagnosed with pneumonia last month, which has kept him sidelined.
Photo Credit: Georgetown
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 1
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)