Jul 24, 2012, 4:17 PM EST
Terry Rozier, a Louisville signee from the Class of 2012, will not attend Louisville this upcoming school year and will, instead, enroll at Hargrave Military Academy (Va.) for a prep year, multiple outlets are reporting.
“We have spoken to Terry, and without question he is headed to the ideal spot for him to improve his academic standing and to play with teammates very familiar with him,” Louisville coach Rick Pitino said in a release, as reported by the Courier-Journal. “(Hargrave’s A.W. Hamilton) is an outstanding coach and was a terrific backcourt player himself. Another year academically and athletically in prep school will be a great opportunity for Terry.”
Rozier is a 6-1 point guard from Shaker Heights, Ohio that was slotted to back up guard Peyton Siva this season, after averaging 25.6 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 4.7 steals per game as a senior in 2011-12.
Hargrave Military Academy is a familiar spot for Louisville recruits, as Rozier will join 2013 commit Anton Gill there for this upcoming season. In addition, former Virginia Tech signee and now-Louisville Cardinal Montrezl Harrell starred at Hargrave this past season.
Current Louisville assistant Kevin Keatts was formerly the head coach at the Virginia-based school.
Louisville is coming off a Final Four run this past season and returning three of the biggest pieces from that team: guard Peyton Siva, forward Chane Behanan, and center Gorgui Dieng.
They will look to build on a 30-10 record from 2011-12 and will add frontcourt depth with the signing of Harrell.
Photo Credit: Cleveland.com
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 0
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 1
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)