Jul 24, 2012, 4:17 PM EDT
Terry Rozier, a Louisville signee from the Class of 2012, will not attend Louisville this upcoming school year and will, instead, enroll at Hargrave Military Academy (Va.) for a prep year, multiple outlets are reporting.
“We have spoken to Terry, and without question he is headed to the ideal spot for him to improve his academic standing and to play with teammates very familiar with him,” Louisville coach Rick Pitino said in a release, as reported by the Courier-Journal. “(Hargrave’s A.W. Hamilton) is an outstanding coach and was a terrific backcourt player himself. Another year academically and athletically in prep school will be a great opportunity for Terry.”
Rozier is a 6-1 point guard from Shaker Heights, Ohio that was slotted to back up guard Peyton Siva this season, after averaging 25.6 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 4.7 steals per game as a senior in 2011-12.
Hargrave Military Academy is a familiar spot for Louisville recruits, as Rozier will join 2013 commit Anton Gill there for this upcoming season. In addition, former Virginia Tech signee and now-Louisville Cardinal Montrezl Harrell starred at Hargrave this past season.
Current Louisville assistant Kevin Keatts was formerly the head coach at the Virginia-based school.
Louisville is coming off a Final Four run this past season and returning three of the biggest pieces from that team: guard Peyton Siva, forward Chane Behanan, and center Gorgui Dieng.
They will look to build on a 30-10 record from 2011-12 and will add frontcourt depth with the signing of Harrell.
Photo Credit: Cleveland.com
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)