Jul 24, 2012, 4:17 PM EST
Terry Rozier, a Louisville signee from the Class of 2012, will not attend Louisville this upcoming school year and will, instead, enroll at Hargrave Military Academy (Va.) for a prep year, multiple outlets are reporting.
“We have spoken to Terry, and without question he is headed to the ideal spot for him to improve his academic standing and to play with teammates very familiar with him,” Louisville coach Rick Pitino said in a release, as reported by the Courier-Journal. “(Hargrave’s A.W. Hamilton) is an outstanding coach and was a terrific backcourt player himself. Another year academically and athletically in prep school will be a great opportunity for Terry.”
Rozier is a 6-1 point guard from Shaker Heights, Ohio that was slotted to back up guard Peyton Siva this season, after averaging 25.6 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 4.7 steals per game as a senior in 2011-12.
Hargrave Military Academy is a familiar spot for Louisville recruits, as Rozier will join 2013 commit Anton Gill there for this upcoming season. In addition, former Virginia Tech signee and now-Louisville Cardinal Montrezl Harrell starred at Hargrave this past season.
Current Louisville assistant Kevin Keatts was formerly the head coach at the Virginia-based school.
Louisville is coming off a Final Four run this past season and returning three of the biggest pieces from that team: guard Peyton Siva, forward Chane Behanan, and center Gorgui Dieng.
They will look to build on a 30-10 record from 2011-12 and will add frontcourt depth with the signing of Harrell.
Photo Credit: Cleveland.com
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)