Jul 24, 2012, 4:17 PM EDT
Terry Rozier, a Louisville signee from the Class of 2012, will not attend Louisville this upcoming school year and will, instead, enroll at Hargrave Military Academy (Va.) for a prep year, multiple outlets are reporting.
“We have spoken to Terry, and without question he is headed to the ideal spot for him to improve his academic standing and to play with teammates very familiar with him,” Louisville coach Rick Pitino said in a release, as reported by the Courier-Journal. “(Hargrave’s A.W. Hamilton) is an outstanding coach and was a terrific backcourt player himself. Another year academically and athletically in prep school will be a great opportunity for Terry.”
Rozier is a 6-1 point guard from Shaker Heights, Ohio that was slotted to back up guard Peyton Siva this season, after averaging 25.6 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 4.7 steals per game as a senior in 2011-12.
Hargrave Military Academy is a familiar spot for Louisville recruits, as Rozier will join 2013 commit Anton Gill there for this upcoming season. In addition, former Virginia Tech signee and now-Louisville Cardinal Montrezl Harrell starred at Hargrave this past season.
Current Louisville assistant Kevin Keatts was formerly the head coach at the Virginia-based school.
Louisville is coming off a Final Four run this past season and returning three of the biggest pieces from that team: guard Peyton Siva, forward Chane Behanan, and center Gorgui Dieng.
They will look to build on a 30-10 record from 2011-12 and will add frontcourt depth with the signing of Harrell.
Photo Credit: Cleveland.com
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)