Jul 24, 2012, 4:17 PM EDT
Terry Rozier, a Louisville signee from the Class of 2012, will not attend Louisville this upcoming school year and will, instead, enroll at Hargrave Military Academy (Va.) for a prep year, multiple outlets are reporting.
“We have spoken to Terry, and without question he is headed to the ideal spot for him to improve his academic standing and to play with teammates very familiar with him,” Louisville coach Rick Pitino said in a release, as reported by the Courier-Journal. “(Hargrave’s A.W. Hamilton) is an outstanding coach and was a terrific backcourt player himself. Another year academically and athletically in prep school will be a great opportunity for Terry.”
Rozier is a 6-1 point guard from Shaker Heights, Ohio that was slotted to back up guard Peyton Siva this season, after averaging 25.6 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 4.7 steals per game as a senior in 2011-12.
Hargrave Military Academy is a familiar spot for Louisville recruits, as Rozier will join 2013 commit Anton Gill there for this upcoming season. In addition, former Virginia Tech signee and now-Louisville Cardinal Montrezl Harrell starred at Hargrave this past season.
Current Louisville assistant Kevin Keatts was formerly the head coach at the Virginia-based school.
Louisville is coming off a Final Four run this past season and returning three of the biggest pieces from that team: guard Peyton Siva, forward Chane Behanan, and center Gorgui Dieng.
They will look to build on a 30-10 record from 2011-12 and will add frontcourt depth with the signing of Harrell.
Photo Credit: Cleveland.com
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)