Jul 28, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT
Rapper Drake, a self proclaimed “natural fan” of the Kentucky Wildcats, has received a 2012 UK national championship ring, which he flaunted on his Instagram page Friday.
“All of us really just bonded this year. I went to see a lot of the games last season. I’m also very close with Coach Cal, so I just showed my support. I took a lot of planes to see a lot of games,” he said back in October of 2010.
He has been spotted behind the Kentucky bench and attended UK’s Big Blue Madness before the start of the season.
So, with that in mind, Drake was given a championship ring with his nickname, “Drizzy,” etched into the side.
What’s the old saying?
“Rappers want to be ballplayers and ballplayers want to be rappers.”
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)