Jul 28, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT
Rapper Drake, a self proclaimed “natural fan” of the Kentucky Wildcats, has received a 2012 UK national championship ring, which he flaunted on his Instagram page Friday.
“All of us really just bonded this year. I went to see a lot of the games last season. I’m also very close with Coach Cal, so I just showed my support. I took a lot of planes to see a lot of games,” he said back in October of 2010.
He has been spotted behind the Kentucky bench and attended UK’s Big Blue Madness before the start of the season.
So, with that in mind, Drake was given a championship ring with his nickname, “Drizzy,” etched into the side.
What’s the old saying?
“Rappers want to be ballplayers and ballplayers want to be rappers.”
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 2
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 0
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 11
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (29)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)