Jul 28, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT
Rapper Drake, a self proclaimed “natural fan” of the Kentucky Wildcats, has received a 2012 UK national championship ring, which he flaunted on his Instagram page Friday.
“All of us really just bonded this year. I went to see a lot of the games last season. I’m also very close with Coach Cal, so I just showed my support. I took a lot of planes to see a lot of games,” he said back in October of 2010.
He has been spotted behind the Kentucky bench and attended UK’s Big Blue Madness before the start of the season.
So, with that in mind, Drake was given a championship ring with his nickname, “Drizzy,” etched into the side.
What’s the old saying?
“Rappers want to be ballplayers and ballplayers want to be rappers.”
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)