Jul 28, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT
Rapper Drake, a self proclaimed “natural fan” of the Kentucky Wildcats, has received a 2012 UK national championship ring, which he flaunted on his Instagram page Friday.
“All of us really just bonded this year. I went to see a lot of the games last season. I’m also very close with Coach Cal, so I just showed my support. I took a lot of planes to see a lot of games,” he said back in October of 2010.
He has been spotted behind the Kentucky bench and attended UK’s Big Blue Madness before the start of the season.
So, with that in mind, Drake was given a championship ring with his nickname, “Drizzy,” etched into the side.
What’s the old saying?
“Rappers want to be ballplayers and ballplayers want to be rappers.”
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)