Jul 28, 2012, 2:02 PM EDT
NEW YORK, N.Y.– Philadelphia guard Rysheed Jordan, who was impressive this week at the Live in AC tournament in New Jersey, will trim his list in the coming days and make his college choice closer to the start of the high school season, he told NBCSports.com
“When school starts, I’m going to take some official visits then make a decision,” he said.
In Atlantic City, he outplayed fellow Philadelphia native Rondae Jefferson on Day 1 of the tournament, dropping 22 points and helping Philly Pride to a win over Team Final.
“Philly to Philly, everybody came out and played hard,” Jordan said of the game. “I played tight in the paint and I just played hard defense.”
At a wiry 6-4, Jordan has good size for a high-major point guard and works well in transition. He showed the ability to distribute and even confidence to step back and hit the three-pointer when defenses converged into the paint to cut off dribble penetration.
Though he says his list is getting too long to remember in full, he mentioned Syracuse, Villanova, Temple, LaSalle, Georgetown, Seton Hall, Rutgers, and Xavier. Maryland, Kansas, NC State, and Pittsburgh are also among those in the mix.
He told NBCSports.com that, though he is cutting his list down soon, he is still open to interest from other schools and does not feel limited by geography, willing instead to go wherever he feels he fits best.
Photo Credit: Philly.com
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 2
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte