Jul 28, 2012, 2:02 PM EDT
NEW YORK, N.Y.– Philadelphia guard Rysheed Jordan, who was impressive this week at the Live in AC tournament in New Jersey, will trim his list in the coming days and make his college choice closer to the start of the high school season, he told NBCSports.com
“When school starts, I’m going to take some official visits then make a decision,” he said.
In Atlantic City, he outplayed fellow Philadelphia native Rondae Jefferson on Day 1 of the tournament, dropping 22 points and helping Philly Pride to a win over Team Final.
“Philly to Philly, everybody came out and played hard,” Jordan said of the game. “I played tight in the paint and I just played hard defense.”
At a wiry 6-4, Jordan has good size for a high-major point guard and works well in transition. He showed the ability to distribute and even confidence to step back and hit the three-pointer when defenses converged into the paint to cut off dribble penetration.
Though he says his list is getting too long to remember in full, he mentioned Syracuse, Villanova, Temple, LaSalle, Georgetown, Seton Hall, Rutgers, and Xavier. Maryland, Kansas, NC State, and Pittsburgh are also among those in the mix.
He told NBCSports.com that, though he is cutting his list down soon, he is still open to interest from other schools and does not feel limited by geography, willing instead to go wherever he feels he fits best.
Photo Credit: Philly.com
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)