Jul 29, 2012, 11:02 AM EST
Kahlil Dukes, a 5-11 guard from Hartford, Conn., has committed to USC, multiple outlets are now reporting.
Dukes reportedly impressed scouts at the adidas Super 64 in Las Vegas this week, scoring 48 points in one game and 42 more in another. Playing for the Connecticut Basketball Club, Dukes was paired in the backcourt with Jared Wilson-Frame, another solid guard prospect.
Though smaller in stature, Dukes is quick and aggressive at getting to the basket and can distribute to his open teammates off of the drive.
He had interest from a number of mostly mid-major schools, including Drexel, FIU, Loyola-Marymount, Ohio, and UTEP.
For USC coach Kevin O’Neill, Dukes is the first to commit to the Trojans from the Class of 2013. This comes after USC brought in three players from the Class of 2012, led by forward Strahinja Gavrilovic.
USC struggled last season, going 6-26, including 1-17 in the Pac-12. They finished 338th in the nation in assists last season with 9.5 per game, something that Dukes could help to improve on when he steps on campus in 2013.
For the 2012-13 season, the Trojans welcome back guard Maurice Jones, who led the team in scoring and assists last season.
Photo Credit: Hartford Courant
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- You Make The Call: Did Marcus Paige get fouled on North Carolina’s last possession? (17)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Big Ten looking into idea of making freshmen ineligible for competition in football, men’s basketball (11)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (11)