Jul 30, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
That stable’s still stocked – anytime you can roll out Jay Bilas, Bill Raftery and Fran Frachilla (and Dickie V and Bob Knight) you’re set for analysis – but it’s a notable move for any college hoopshead. Gottlieb’s knowledgeable, quick and unafraid to disagree when the other talking heads all settle on one common point. Is Bilas now the only guy who’ll call BS on Digger?
(shudders at that thought)
So consider it a fantastic get for CBS and for Gottlieb, who’ll reportedly join in September. He’ll likely have a much larger role during the NCAA tournament, which means he can bring his game to a broader, more casual audience? (I hope they appreciate it.) Seems doubtful he’d displace Greg Anthony from the primo studio analyst seat during games, but Gottlieb’s got the goods to do it eventually.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)