Jul 30, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
That stable’s still stocked – anytime you can roll out Jay Bilas, Bill Raftery and Fran Frachilla (and Dickie V and Bob Knight) you’re set for analysis – but it’s a notable move for any college hoopshead. Gottlieb’s knowledgeable, quick and unafraid to disagree when the other talking heads all settle on one common point. Is Bilas now the only guy who’ll call BS on Digger?
(shudders at that thought)
So consider it a fantastic get for CBS and for Gottlieb, who’ll reportedly join in September. He’ll likely have a much larger role during the NCAA tournament, which means he can bring his game to a broader, more casual audience? (I hope they appreciate it.) Seems doubtful he’d displace Greg Anthony from the primo studio analyst seat during games, but Gottlieb’s got the goods to do it eventually.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (71)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)