Jul 30, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
That stable’s still stocked – anytime you can roll out Jay Bilas, Bill Raftery and Fran Frachilla (and Dickie V and Bob Knight) you’re set for analysis – but it’s a notable move for any college hoopshead. Gottlieb’s knowledgeable, quick and unafraid to disagree when the other talking heads all settle on one common point. Is Bilas now the only guy who’ll call BS on Digger?
(shudders at that thought)
So consider it a fantastic get for CBS and for Gottlieb, who’ll reportedly join in September. He’ll likely have a much larger role during the NCAA tournament, which means he can bring his game to a broader, more casual audience? (I hope they appreciate it.) Seems doubtful he’d displace Greg Anthony from the primo studio analyst seat during games, but Gottlieb’s got the goods to do it eventually.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)