Jul 30, 2012, 6:00 PM EST
That stable’s still stocked – anytime you can roll out Jay Bilas, Bill Raftery and Fran Frachilla (and Dickie V and Bob Knight) you’re set for analysis – but it’s a notable move for any college hoopshead. Gottlieb’s knowledgeable, quick and unafraid to disagree when the other talking heads all settle on one common point. Is Bilas now the only guy who’ll call BS on Digger?
(shudders at that thought)
So consider it a fantastic get for CBS and for Gottlieb, who’ll reportedly join in September. He’ll likely have a much larger role during the NCAA tournament, which means he can bring his game to a broader, more casual audience? (I hope they appreciate it.) Seems doubtful he’d displace Greg Anthony from the primo studio analyst seat during games, but Gottlieb’s got the goods to do it eventually.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 0
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)