Jul 30, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
That stable’s still stocked – anytime you can roll out Jay Bilas, Bill Raftery and Fran Frachilla (and Dickie V and Bob Knight) you’re set for analysis – but it’s a notable move for any college hoopshead. Gottlieb’s knowledgeable, quick and unafraid to disagree when the other talking heads all settle on one common point. Is Bilas now the only guy who’ll call BS on Digger?
(shudders at that thought)
So consider it a fantastic get for CBS and for Gottlieb, who’ll reportedly join in September. He’ll likely have a much larger role during the NCAA tournament, which means he can bring his game to a broader, more casual audience? (I hope they appreciate it.) Seems doubtful he’d displace Greg Anthony from the primo studio analyst seat during games, but Gottlieb’s got the goods to do it eventually.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)