Jul 31, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
It appears I’ve become the country’s most prominent source when it comes to Bulldog mascot-related news.
But we’ve got some sadder news this time, as Louisiana Tech’s Bulldog mascot, Tech XX, has gone missing, according to the Shreveport Times (La.).
Tech XX, a 4-year-old English Bulldog, has been missing since Sunday after a worker at the animal clinic let him out for a bathroom break, only to return minutes later and find Tech XX was out of sight.
“He wasn’t outside five minutes and he was gone,” Dr. Patrick Sexton, the dog’s caretaker, told the paper.
There is a $1,000 reward for the person who can return Tech XX safely.
The mysterious twist to all of this, though, is that Sexton maintains that the dog is not one to wander, only preferring to go outside during the sporting events that he takes part in.
Those in the community are beginning a campaign to find the dog, even beginning a drive through Twitter with the hashtag #FindTechXX
“We’re trying everything we can to get the word out,” Will Dearmon, Student Government Association president at Louisiana Tech, told the paper. “As many people as we can get to search for him and bring him home safely, the better.”
English Bulldogs, due to their size and small breathing passages, typically do not do well in the extreme heat that descends upon Louisiana during the summer, especially these upcoming days of August.
“It’s so hot and to not know whether he was taken or is lost or something else completely is scary,” Dearmon said. “I just want to know he’s OK.”
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 0
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 5
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 8
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)