Jul 31, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
It appears I’ve become the country’s most prominent source when it comes to Bulldog mascot-related news.
But we’ve got some sadder news this time, as Louisiana Tech’s Bulldog mascot, Tech XX, has gone missing, according to the Shreveport Times (La.).
Tech XX, a 4-year-old English Bulldog, has been missing since Sunday after a worker at the animal clinic let him out for a bathroom break, only to return minutes later and find Tech XX was out of sight.
“He wasn’t outside five minutes and he was gone,” Dr. Patrick Sexton, the dog’s caretaker, told the paper.
There is a $1,000 reward for the person who can return Tech XX safely.
The mysterious twist to all of this, though, is that Sexton maintains that the dog is not one to wander, only preferring to go outside during the sporting events that he takes part in.
Those in the community are beginning a campaign to find the dog, even beginning a drive through Twitter with the hashtag #FindTechXX
“We’re trying everything we can to get the word out,” Will Dearmon, Student Government Association president at Louisiana Tech, told the paper. “As many people as we can get to search for him and bring him home safely, the better.”
English Bulldogs, due to their size and small breathing passages, typically do not do well in the extreme heat that descends upon Louisiana during the summer, especially these upcoming days of August.
“It’s so hot and to not know whether he was taken or is lost or something else completely is scary,” Dearmon said. “I just want to know he’s OK.”
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)