Aug 2, 2012, 6:22 PM EDT
Just one day after releasing their Pac-12 conference slate, Washington now knows when they’ll play Connecticut for just the fourth time in the history of both programs.
The battle of the Huskies, which was set for December 29, will tip at 7:30 PM on ESPN2 according to a release from the University of Washington.
The only question now is where the game will be played: on the Storrs campus at Gampel Pavilion, or in downtown Hartford at the XL Center?
(Hopefully they play the game on campus, even if there are more seats that can be filled at the XL Center.)
The Siberian (that would be UConn’s breed of husky) holds a 3-0 edge over the Alaskan Malamute, with two of those wins being highly entertaining NCAA tournament affairs.
Rashad Anderson’s three in the final seconds of regulation sent the 2006 Sweet 16 meeting to overtime, which UConn would go on to win by the final score of 98-92.
But it’s their first meeting, which took place in the 1998 East Regional semis in Greensboro, that offered one of the great finishes in NCAA tournament history.
In case you were wondering, the middle meeting was a 69-48 UConn win in the old Great Eight event in Chicago during the 1998-99 season.
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness