Aug 3, 2012, 6:58 PM EDT
Joining a new conference can reinvigorate a program, with the sight of new opponents energizing those within the program as well as those who cheer for it.
Texas A&M celebrates their move to the SEC with a new basketball floor at Reed Arena, and the school made a video of the process.
One question: what happened to the outline of the State of Texas?
That accent was something that the Aggies shared with in-state rival Texas, and A&M had theirs redone to make sure it was larger than the outline in Austin.
Apparently the outline is there, so it’s good to see that the Aggies saw fit to keep that aspect of the old floor.
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 8
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)