Aug 3, 2012, 6:58 PM EDT
Joining a new conference can reinvigorate a program, with the sight of new opponents energizing those within the program as well as those who cheer for it.
Texas A&M celebrates their move to the SEC with a new basketball floor at Reed Arena, and the school made a video of the process.
One question: what happened to the outline of the State of Texas?
That accent was something that the Aggies shared with in-state rival Texas, and A&M had theirs redone to make sure it was larger than the outline in Austin.
Apparently the outline is there, so it’s good to see that the Aggies saw fit to keep that aspect of the old floor.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)