Aug 6, 2012, 11:54 AM EST
Anyone that has watched Louisville play at some point over the course of the last three years will know that starting point guard Peyton Siva is really, really athletic.
He’s impossible to stay in front of because of how quick his first step is. He’s a nightmare to try and bring the ball up the floor against because he has the lateral foot speed of a startled house cat. It’s something that Rick Pitino has figured out. Siva plays the role of closer for the Cardinals, as Pitino makes an effort to run him off of high ball-screens as much as possible in late-game situations.
But here’s the thing about Siva: while he may qualify as a freakish athlete, he’s still all of about 5-foot-10 on a good day. (I’m sorry, but I’ve stood next to Siva, and I’m not buying that he’s 6-foot.)
Still, despite his height — or lack-there-of — Siva was still able to pull-off a 360 Eastbay at the Adidas Nations event in Southern California this weekend. Of course we have video:
If Siva’s throwing down dunks like that while teaming up in a back court with Russ Smith — aka RUSS. FREAKIN’. SMITH. — I think I may have a new favorite back court.
- Late Night Snacks: Temple blows out Kansas, Purdue loses to Gardner-Webb 0
- Temple embarrasses No. 10 Kansas by 25 points 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Illinois Fighting Illini 0
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 2
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)