Aug 6, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
Anyone that has watched Louisville play at some point over the course of the last three years will know that starting point guard Peyton Siva is really, really athletic.
He’s impossible to stay in front of because of how quick his first step is. He’s a nightmare to try and bring the ball up the floor against because he has the lateral foot speed of a startled house cat. It’s something that Rick Pitino has figured out. Siva plays the role of closer for the Cardinals, as Pitino makes an effort to run him off of high ball-screens as much as possible in late-game situations.
But here’s the thing about Siva: while he may qualify as a freakish athlete, he’s still all of about 5-foot-10 on a good day. (I’m sorry, but I’ve stood next to Siva, and I’m not buying that he’s 6-foot.)
Still, despite his height — or lack-there-of — Siva was still able to pull-off a 360 Eastbay at the Adidas Nations event in Southern California this weekend. Of course we have video:
If Siva’s throwing down dunks like that while teaming up in a back court with Russ Smith — aka RUSS. FREAKIN’. SMITH. — I think I may have a new favorite back court.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)