Aug 6, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
Anyone that has watched Louisville play at some point over the course of the last three years will know that starting point guard Peyton Siva is really, really athletic.
He’s impossible to stay in front of because of how quick his first step is. He’s a nightmare to try and bring the ball up the floor against because he has the lateral foot speed of a startled house cat. It’s something that Rick Pitino has figured out. Siva plays the role of closer for the Cardinals, as Pitino makes an effort to run him off of high ball-screens as much as possible in late-game situations.
But here’s the thing about Siva: while he may qualify as a freakish athlete, he’s still all of about 5-foot-10 on a good day. (I’m sorry, but I’ve stood next to Siva, and I’m not buying that he’s 6-foot.)
Still, despite his height — or lack-there-of — Siva was still able to pull-off a 360 Eastbay at the Adidas Nations event in Southern California this weekend. Of course we have video:
If Siva’s throwing down dunks like that while teaming up in a back court with Russ Smith — aka RUSS. FREAKIN’. SMITH. — I think I may have a new favorite back court.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 0
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 1
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 2
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 23
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)