Aug 6, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
Anyone that has watched Louisville play at some point over the course of the last three years will know that starting point guard Peyton Siva is really, really athletic.
He’s impossible to stay in front of because of how quick his first step is. He’s a nightmare to try and bring the ball up the floor against because he has the lateral foot speed of a startled house cat. It’s something that Rick Pitino has figured out. Siva plays the role of closer for the Cardinals, as Pitino makes an effort to run him off of high ball-screens as much as possible in late-game situations.
But here’s the thing about Siva: while he may qualify as a freakish athlete, he’s still all of about 5-foot-10 on a good day. (I’m sorry, but I’ve stood next to Siva, and I’m not buying that he’s 6-foot.)
Still, despite his height — or lack-there-of — Siva was still able to pull-off a 360 Eastbay at the Adidas Nations event in Southern California this weekend. Of course we have video:
If Siva’s throwing down dunks like that while teaming up in a back court with Russ Smith — aka RUSS. FREAKIN’. SMITH. — I think I may have a new favorite back court.
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games