Aug 6, 2012, 9:05 PM EDT
When Syracuse plays San Diego State on the deck of the USS Midway Museum on Nov. 9, chances are it’ll be a lovely, scenic atmosphere with an amazing backdrop and possibly a glorious sunset. You know, kinda like how it looked when UNC and Michigan State played on the deck of the USS Carl Vinson last season.
So it’ll look great. But … there could be an ocean breeze. If that’s the case, Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim wants his guys to be ready for it. So he’ll have the Orange practice outside.
If the weather cooperates. Who knows how it’ll be in upstate New York in early November?
“I think we’re going to … if it’s not snowing,” Boeheim told Mark Zeigler of the San Diego Union Tribune. “I don’t know if that’s overthinking it or not. But if you’re going to play somewhere and they use different basketballs, we’ll use those basketballs in practice. So if we’re going to play outdoors, we should at least shoot outdoors and run some drills outdoors.
“I don’t know if it will make a big difference, but it might.”
It’s a smart move, Jim. When you’re playing by the ocean, you gotta worry about those winds. Might push the ball from left to the right, six to eight inches.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Aaron Gordon: ‘Whatever Coach Miller wants me to play, I’ll play it.’ 0
- Bruce Pearl could have starred in Welcome Back, Kotter in the 1970s 0
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'