Aug 7, 2012, 8:27 PM EDT
Just a couple of months after opening his doors for Julius Mays of Wright State, John Calipari may be in the market for a second transfer looking for a place to play their senior season.
Keith Clanton’s status as a college basketball free agent isn’t a secret. The 6-foot-8 forward, who is coming off of a season where he averaged 14.5 points and 8.1 boards for Central Florida, is allowed to transfer anywhere in the country without penalty, due to the sanctions levied against the Golden Knights last week.
And according to Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times, two schools that stand out to Clanton right now:
Hearing that UCF forward Keith Clanton hasn’t yet decided if he’ll return to Knights, but if he doesn’t, heard FSU and Kentucky are options.
— Greg Auman (@gregauman) August 7, 2012
Both schools could use a veteran, productive big man to provide some depth along their front line. But, as we’ve seen time and time again, if Kentucky is involved and truly interested in a player, how often does that player get away?
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)