Aug 7, 2012, 8:27 PM EST
Just a couple of months after opening his doors for Julius Mays of Wright State, John Calipari may be in the market for a second transfer looking for a place to play their senior season.
Keith Clanton’s status as a college basketball free agent isn’t a secret. The 6-foot-8 forward, who is coming off of a season where he averaged 14.5 points and 8.1 boards for Central Florida, is allowed to transfer anywhere in the country without penalty, due to the sanctions levied against the Golden Knights last week.
And according to Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times, two schools that stand out to Clanton right now:
Hearing that UCF forward Keith Clanton hasn’t yet decided if he’ll return to Knights, but if he doesn’t, heard FSU and Kentucky are options.
— Greg Auman (@gregauman) August 7, 2012
Both schools could use a veteran, productive big man to provide some depth along their front line. But, as we’ve seen time and time again, if Kentucky is involved and truly interested in a player, how often does that player get away?
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)