Aug 7, 2012, 8:27 PM EDT
Just a couple of months after opening his doors for Julius Mays of Wright State, John Calipari may be in the market for a second transfer looking for a place to play their senior season.
Keith Clanton’s status as a college basketball free agent isn’t a secret. The 6-foot-8 forward, who is coming off of a season where he averaged 14.5 points and 8.1 boards for Central Florida, is allowed to transfer anywhere in the country without penalty, due to the sanctions levied against the Golden Knights last week.
And according to Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times, two schools that stand out to Clanton right now:
Hearing that UCF forward Keith Clanton hasn’t yet decided if he’ll return to Knights, but if he doesn’t, heard FSU and Kentucky are options.
— Greg Auman (@gregauman) August 7, 2012
Both schools could use a veteran, productive big man to provide some depth along their front line. But, as we’ve seen time and time again, if Kentucky is involved and truly interested in a player, how often does that player get away?
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 1
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)