Aug 7, 2012, 8:27 PM EDT
Just a couple of months after opening his doors for Julius Mays of Wright State, John Calipari may be in the market for a second transfer looking for a place to play their senior season.
Keith Clanton’s status as a college basketball free agent isn’t a secret. The 6-foot-8 forward, who is coming off of a season where he averaged 14.5 points and 8.1 boards for Central Florida, is allowed to transfer anywhere in the country without penalty, due to the sanctions levied against the Golden Knights last week.
And according to Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times, two schools that stand out to Clanton right now:
Hearing that UCF forward Keith Clanton hasn’t yet decided if he’ll return to Knights, but if he doesn’t, heard FSU and Kentucky are options.
— Greg Auman (@gregauman) August 7, 2012
Both schools could use a veteran, productive big man to provide some depth along their front line. But, as we’ve seen time and time again, if Kentucky is involved and truly interested in a player, how often does that player get away?
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (4)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)