Aug 7, 2012, 8:27 PM EDT
Just a couple of months after opening his doors for Julius Mays of Wright State, John Calipari may be in the market for a second transfer looking for a place to play their senior season.
Keith Clanton’s status as a college basketball free agent isn’t a secret. The 6-foot-8 forward, who is coming off of a season where he averaged 14.5 points and 8.1 boards for Central Florida, is allowed to transfer anywhere in the country without penalty, due to the sanctions levied against the Golden Knights last week.
And according to Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times, two schools that stand out to Clanton right now:
Hearing that UCF forward Keith Clanton hasn’t yet decided if he’ll return to Knights, but if he doesn’t, heard FSU and Kentucky are options.
— Greg Auman (@gregauman) August 7, 2012
Both schools could use a veteran, productive big man to provide some depth along their front line. But, as we’ve seen time and time again, if Kentucky is involved and truly interested in a player, how often does that player get away?
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)