Aug 8, 2012, 7:09 PM EDT
Boston University big man Jake O’Brien has decided to transfer to Temple.
The 6-foot-9 forward picked the Owls over the likes of Boston College and Virginia. He’ll be allowed to play right away under the graduate student exemption. O’Brien opted to leavue BU when they were banned from this year’s America East tournament, which eliminated just about any chance that the Terriers would make the NCAA tournament. The school is leaving the conference and joining the Patriot League in 2013-2014.
O’Brien will be a nice addition for Fran Dunphy. He averaged 12.5 points as a freshman and 13.8 points and 6.4 boards as a sophomore. He’s been dealing with foot and ankle injuries over the past two seasons — one of which he was granted a medical redshirt — but he’s got size and three-point range.
With Ramone Moore graduating and Khalif Wyatt misbehaving in Atlantic City, Temple may need all the shooting and scoring they can get next season.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 8
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles