Aug 8, 2012, 2:27 PM EDT
If there’s one thing we should take away from last season, it’s not to underestimate what Bill Self can do with an underrated collection of players at Kansas.
But don’t discount them. The pieces are coming together again with freshmen Anrio Adams and Milton Doyle cleared to play and Ben McLemore eligible after not qualifying to play in the 2011-12 season.
On Tuesday, Kansas beat the Swiss National Team in an exhibition in Fribourg, Switzerland, thanks to a double-double of 12 points and 10 rebounds from center Jeff Withey.
It was Withey’s offensive rebound and putback with 4.1 seconds that helped the Jayhawks to a win yesterday, the 40th straight exhibition win for Kansas, including 26 in a row under Self.
Check out the video below for Self’s comments, courtesy of Kansas Athletics:
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 10
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles