Aug 12, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT
With a signature matching highlighter in hand (blue for the hometown Chicago Cubs), TV analyst and former Notre Dame head coach Digger Phelps belted out his rendition of “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” Saturday at Wrigley Field in Chicago.
Now, it’s not as bad as we’ve seen from some in the past, including Bill Murray, but it certainly wasn’t the best either. I was most concerned about the few times he seemed to try to dip into Thurl Ravenscroft’s territory, trying to hit low notes as if he were singing this famous song from “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”
Overall, though, in the spirit of the Olympics, judges give it a 5.8/10. Check out the video from CSN Chicago.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)