Aug 12, 2012, 2:28 PM EST
With a signature matching highlighter in hand (blue for the hometown Chicago Cubs), TV analyst and former Notre Dame head coach Digger Phelps belted out his rendition of “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” Saturday at Wrigley Field in Chicago.
Now, it’s not as bad as we’ve seen from some in the past, including Bill Murray, but it certainly wasn’t the best either. I was most concerned about the few times he seemed to try to dip into Thurl Ravenscroft’s territory, trying to hit low notes as if he were singing this famous song from “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”
Overall, though, in the spirit of the Olympics, judges give it a 5.8/10. Check out the video from CSN Chicago.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)