Aug 12, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT
With a signature matching highlighter in hand (blue for the hometown Chicago Cubs), TV analyst and former Notre Dame head coach Digger Phelps belted out his rendition of “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” Saturday at Wrigley Field in Chicago.
Now, it’s not as bad as we’ve seen from some in the past, including Bill Murray, but it certainly wasn’t the best either. I was most concerned about the few times he seemed to try to dip into Thurl Ravenscroft’s territory, trying to hit low notes as if he were singing this famous song from “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”
Overall, though, in the spirit of the Olympics, judges give it a 5.8/10. Check out the video from CSN Chicago.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 1
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)