Aug 12, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT
With a signature matching highlighter in hand (blue for the hometown Chicago Cubs), TV analyst and former Notre Dame head coach Digger Phelps belted out his rendition of “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” Saturday at Wrigley Field in Chicago.
Now, it’s not as bad as we’ve seen from some in the past, including Bill Murray, but it certainly wasn’t the best either. I was most concerned about the few times he seemed to try to dip into Thurl Ravenscroft’s territory, trying to hit low notes as if he were singing this famous song from “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”
Overall, though, in the spirit of the Olympics, judges give it a 5.8/10. Check out the video from CSN Chicago.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)