Aug 13, 2012, 12:50 AM EST
Not sure if Illinois State is attempting to corner the market on left-handed guards, but three weeks after gaining a verbal commitment from Paris Lee the Redbirds have their second.
Tony Wills, a 6-3 guard from Indianapolis (Ben Davis HS), has decided to verbally commit to Dan Muller’s program according to Jim Benson of the Bloomington (IL) Pantagraph.
Wills, who also held offers from American, Green Bay and Jacksonville, averaged 15.2 points per game last season and was a first team Underclass All-State selection in Indiana.
“He was a great pickup for Illinois State. He’s a good player who does everything well. He’s been under the radar,” said Reynaldo Bluiett, Wills’ coach with Spiece Indy Heat. “He’s a very coachable kid.
“He’s a threat to do it all (offensively). He’s a slasher, can shoot the 3 and he competes. He’s a playmaker who makes others better. (Defensively) he can guard multiple positions. He does a lot on the defensive end.”
The Redbirds will have some work to do on the recruiting trail with power forward Jackie Carmichael entering his senior season, but at the least they’re off to a good start on the perimeter with these two commitments.
- Two-time plane crash survivor Austin Hatch scores first career point in Michigan win (VIDEO) 0
- Late Night Snacks: Temple blows out Kansas, Purdue loses to Gardner-Webb 0
- Temple embarrasses No. 10 Kansas by 25 points 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Illinois Fighting Illini 0
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 2
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)