Aug 13, 2012, 12:50 AM EST
Not sure if Illinois State is attempting to corner the market on left-handed guards, but three weeks after gaining a verbal commitment from Paris Lee the Redbirds have their second.
Tony Wills, a 6-3 guard from Indianapolis (Ben Davis HS), has decided to verbally commit to Dan Muller’s program according to Jim Benson of the Bloomington (IL) Pantagraph.
Wills, who also held offers from American, Green Bay and Jacksonville, averaged 15.2 points per game last season and was a first team Underclass All-State selection in Indiana.
“He was a great pickup for Illinois State. He’s a good player who does everything well. He’s been under the radar,” said Reynaldo Bluiett, Wills’ coach with Spiece Indy Heat. “He’s a very coachable kid.
“He’s a threat to do it all (offensively). He’s a slasher, can shoot the 3 and he competes. He’s a playmaker who makes others better. (Defensively) he can guard multiple positions. He does a lot on the defensive end.”
The Redbirds will have some work to do on the recruiting trail with power forward Jackie Carmichael entering his senior season, but at the least they’re off to a good start on the perimeter with these two commitments.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)