Aug 13, 2012, 12:50 AM EDT
Not sure if Illinois State is attempting to corner the market on left-handed guards, but three weeks after gaining a verbal commitment from Paris Lee the Redbirds have their second.
Tony Wills, a 6-3 guard from Indianapolis (Ben Davis HS), has decided to verbally commit to Dan Muller’s program according to Jim Benson of the Bloomington (IL) Pantagraph.
Wills, who also held offers from American, Green Bay and Jacksonville, averaged 15.2 points per game last season and was a first team Underclass All-State selection in Indiana.
“He was a great pickup for Illinois State. He’s a good player who does everything well. He’s been under the radar,” said Reynaldo Bluiett, Wills’ coach with Spiece Indy Heat. “He’s a very coachable kid.
“He’s a threat to do it all (offensively). He’s a slasher, can shoot the 3 and he competes. He’s a playmaker who makes others better. (Defensively) he can guard multiple positions. He does a lot on the defensive end.”
The Redbirds will have some work to do on the recruiting trail with power forward Jackie Carmichael entering his senior season, but at the least they’re off to a good start on the perimeter with these two commitments.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 10
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles