Aug 14, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
Former Oregon guard Brett Kingma will be transferring to Washington State, he announced via his Twitter feed Tuesday.
Kingma appeared in 19 games for the Ducks this past season, averaging 3.1 points and 0.8 rebounds per game. His best game of the year came in the season opener against Vanderbilt when he scored 10 points.
The native of Mill Creek, Wash., leaves an Oregon team that finished 24-10 last season, including 13-5 in the Pac-12. The Ducks are welcoming six players to the team from the Class of 2012, led by guard Dominic Artis.
Because Kingma will be transferring within the Pac-12, he could be subjected to the intra-conference transfer rule, which “requires that you fulfill one academic year of residence and lose one season of competition in all sports before being eligible to compete.”
Athletes also cannot “receive athletically related financial aid during this period of ineligibility.”
Coming out of high school, Kingma was hailed as a very skilled shooter who fell just outside the Top 100 of 2011 prospects, according to Rivals.com.
Washington State finished 19-18 overall this past season, including 7-11 in the Pac-12.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)