Aug 15, 2012, 4:08 PM EDT
Ron Patterson, one member of Indiana’s highly anticipated freshman class that is set to come to campus in the fall, will not be wearing a Hoosiers uniform in 2012-13, multiple outlets are now reporting.
Patterson is a Top-150 recruit from Indianapolis who averaged 18.5 points, 6.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 2.5 steals per game this past season at Broad Ripple HS (Ind.).
According to multiple reports, Patterson’s inability to academically qualify at Indiana could be the motivating factor behind the announcement and now he will weigh prep school and junior college options for next season. He was deemed a full qualifier by the NCAA.
He originally committed to Indiana in August of 2010.
This news comes on the same day that the Hoosiers were celebrating their continued fan support, selling out over 12,000 student season tickets at Assembly Hall for this upcoming season.
Below is a video of Indiana head coach Tom Crean talking about Patterson’s possible impact with the Hoosiers:
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)