Aug 15, 2012, 4:08 PM EDT
Ron Patterson, one member of Indiana’s highly anticipated freshman class that is set to come to campus in the fall, will not be wearing a Hoosiers uniform in 2012-13, multiple outlets are now reporting.
Patterson is a Top-150 recruit from Indianapolis who averaged 18.5 points, 6.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 2.5 steals per game this past season at Broad Ripple HS (Ind.).
According to multiple reports, Patterson’s inability to academically qualify at Indiana could be the motivating factor behind the announcement and now he will weigh prep school and junior college options for next season. He was deemed a full qualifier by the NCAA.
He originally committed to Indiana in August of 2010.
This news comes on the same day that the Hoosiers were celebrating their continued fan support, selling out over 12,000 student season tickets at Assembly Hall for this upcoming season.
Below is a video of Indiana head coach Tom Crean talking about Patterson’s possible impact with the Hoosiers:
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)