Aug 15, 2012, 4:08 PM EDT
Ron Patterson, one member of Indiana’s highly anticipated freshman class that is set to come to campus in the fall, will not be wearing a Hoosiers uniform in 2012-13, multiple outlets are now reporting.
Patterson is a Top-150 recruit from Indianapolis who averaged 18.5 points, 6.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 2.5 steals per game this past season at Broad Ripple HS (Ind.).
According to multiple reports, Patterson’s inability to academically qualify at Indiana could be the motivating factor behind the announcement and now he will weigh prep school and junior college options for next season. He was deemed a full qualifier by the NCAA.
He originally committed to Indiana in August of 2010.
This news comes on the same day that the Hoosiers were celebrating their continued fan support, selling out over 12,000 student season tickets at Assembly Hall for this upcoming season.
Below is a video of Indiana head coach Tom Crean talking about Patterson’s possible impact with the Hoosiers:
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)