Aug 15, 2012, 4:08 PM EDT
Ron Patterson, one member of Indiana’s highly anticipated freshman class that is set to come to campus in the fall, will not be wearing a Hoosiers uniform in 2012-13, multiple outlets are now reporting.
Patterson is a Top-150 recruit from Indianapolis who averaged 18.5 points, 6.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 2.5 steals per game this past season at Broad Ripple HS (Ind.).
According to multiple reports, Patterson’s inability to academically qualify at Indiana could be the motivating factor behind the announcement and now he will weigh prep school and junior college options for next season. He was deemed a full qualifier by the NCAA.
He originally committed to Indiana in August of 2010.
This news comes on the same day that the Hoosiers were celebrating their continued fan support, selling out over 12,000 student season tickets at Assembly Hall for this upcoming season.
Below is a video of Indiana head coach Tom Crean talking about Patterson’s possible impact with the Hoosiers:
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 1
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Nate Robinson, other Washington greats to play in alumni game June 23 (3)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1