Aug 15, 2012, 10:08 AM EST
In case you didn’t already know that expectations would be high for Tom Crean’s Indiana Hoosier this season, take a look:
We’re in mid-August and all 12,400 student season tickets have been sold out, according to the Indiana athletic department.
“I am thrilled to see the student ticket demand returning to the same levels I experienced when I was a student at IU,” Indiana athletic director Fred Glass said, as reported by the Indianapolis Star.
“When I was a student, a season ticket entitled you to a portion of the games. I’ve always said that Indiana basketball is an important part of the IU college experience and we want as many students as possible to have a chance to experience it live in Assembly Hall.”
Indiana has the largest student section in the country, seating 7,800 people, but has had trouble selling it out in recent years. When Tom Crean came to Indiana in 2008-09, the Hoosiers sold just 4,500 tickets, with that number rising to 7,632 this past season and now a sellout.
After finishing 27-9 in 2011-12 and advancing to the Sweet 16, Indiana returns its biggest piece, rising sophomore Cody Zeller, and is in prime position to be the No. 1 in the country when polls are released this fall.
Along with Zeller, the Hoosiers bring in five players from the Class of 2012, led by guard Yogi Ferrell and swingman Jeremy Hollowell. Add those players to senior Christian Watford, remembered most for his shot that beat Kentucky last winter, and you can expect Assembly Hall to be packed in 2012-13.
Photo Credit: Herald Times
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 1
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)