Aug 15, 2012, 10:08 AM EDT
In case you didn’t already know that expectations would be high for Tom Crean’s Indiana Hoosier this season, take a look:
We’re in mid-August and all 12,400 student season tickets have been sold out, according to the Indiana athletic department.
“I am thrilled to see the student ticket demand returning to the same levels I experienced when I was a student at IU,” Indiana athletic director Fred Glass said, as reported by the Indianapolis Star.
“When I was a student, a season ticket entitled you to a portion of the games. I’ve always said that Indiana basketball is an important part of the IU college experience and we want as many students as possible to have a chance to experience it live in Assembly Hall.”
Indiana has the largest student section in the country, seating 7,800 people, but has had trouble selling it out in recent years. When Tom Crean came to Indiana in 2008-09, the Hoosiers sold just 4,500 tickets, with that number rising to 7,632 this past season and now a sellout.
After finishing 27-9 in 2011-12 and advancing to the Sweet 16, Indiana returns its biggest piece, rising sophomore Cody Zeller, and is in prime position to be the No. 1 in the country when polls are released this fall.
Along with Zeller, the Hoosiers bring in five players from the Class of 2012, led by guard Yogi Ferrell and swingman Jeremy Hollowell. Add those players to senior Christian Watford, remembered most for his shot that beat Kentucky last winter, and you can expect Assembly Hall to be packed in 2012-13.
Photo Credit: Herald Times
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 4
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3