Aug 15, 2012, 10:08 AM EDT
In case you didn’t already know that expectations would be high for Tom Crean’s Indiana Hoosier this season, take a look:
We’re in mid-August and all 12,400 student season tickets have been sold out, according to the Indiana athletic department.
“I am thrilled to see the student ticket demand returning to the same levels I experienced when I was a student at IU,” Indiana athletic director Fred Glass said, as reported by the Indianapolis Star.
“When I was a student, a season ticket entitled you to a portion of the games. I’ve always said that Indiana basketball is an important part of the IU college experience and we want as many students as possible to have a chance to experience it live in Assembly Hall.”
Indiana has the largest student section in the country, seating 7,800 people, but has had trouble selling it out in recent years. When Tom Crean came to Indiana in 2008-09, the Hoosiers sold just 4,500 tickets, with that number rising to 7,632 this past season and now a sellout.
After finishing 27-9 in 2011-12 and advancing to the Sweet 16, Indiana returns its biggest piece, rising sophomore Cody Zeller, and is in prime position to be the No. 1 in the country when polls are released this fall.
Along with Zeller, the Hoosiers bring in five players from the Class of 2012, led by guard Yogi Ferrell and swingman Jeremy Hollowell. Add those players to senior Christian Watford, remembered most for his shot that beat Kentucky last winter, and you can expect Assembly Hall to be packed in 2012-13.
Photo Credit: Herald Times
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)