Aug 15, 2012, 10:08 AM EDT
In case you didn’t already know that expectations would be high for Tom Crean’s Indiana Hoosier this season, take a look:
We’re in mid-August and all 12,400 student season tickets have been sold out, according to the Indiana athletic department.
“I am thrilled to see the student ticket demand returning to the same levels I experienced when I was a student at IU,” Indiana athletic director Fred Glass said, as reported by the Indianapolis Star.
“When I was a student, a season ticket entitled you to a portion of the games. I’ve always said that Indiana basketball is an important part of the IU college experience and we want as many students as possible to have a chance to experience it live in Assembly Hall.”
Indiana has the largest student section in the country, seating 7,800 people, but has had trouble selling it out in recent years. When Tom Crean came to Indiana in 2008-09, the Hoosiers sold just 4,500 tickets, with that number rising to 7,632 this past season and now a sellout.
After finishing 27-9 in 2011-12 and advancing to the Sweet 16, Indiana returns its biggest piece, rising sophomore Cody Zeller, and is in prime position to be the No. 1 in the country when polls are released this fall.
Along with Zeller, the Hoosiers bring in five players from the Class of 2012, led by guard Yogi Ferrell and swingman Jeremy Hollowell. Add those players to senior Christian Watford, remembered most for his shot that beat Kentucky last winter, and you can expect Assembly Hall to be packed in 2012-13.
Photo Credit: Herald Times
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)